Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR918 Glock 19 Clone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shadow Systems MR918 Glock 19 Clone

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tems-releases/

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr918/

[youtube]VKw0qDfpfPE[/youtube]

Has anyone handled/shot one of these yet?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tems-releases/

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/mr918/

[youtube]VKw0qDfpfPE[/youtube]

Has anyone handled/shot one of these yet?

Me......

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice guns don't you think?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very much so.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    I've been following your thread over on PF. If i was in the market for a G19, this would 100% be my choice, specifically because of that thread. I hope you guys keep putting them through their paces.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This gun is, in my opinion, what Glock should be making. If not this exact pistol then a version close to this.

Glock has made some changes lately with market pressure from competitors but the gun still lacks some kind of permanent beavertail. I have fairly large hands and get a fairly high grip. These two things don't go well with Glock in my experience.

While it is true that Glock now makes some clip-on backstrap pieces that include a beavertail, these have always struck me as something Glock did to appease the market as opposed to something they thought was actually needed. A permanent beavertail as used on the MR918 is long enough to keep me from getting cut yet short enough that it shouldn't change anything with regard to concealment. Plus it is much easier for someone to grind an unwanted beavertail off as opposed to adding a permanent beavertail on.

Really the only complaint I have with the gun so far is the optics mount which is moot since I don't have an optics ready slide version. Anyway, Shadow is only offering slides cut for an RMR at this point. I think they should license the Unity Tactical system or develop their own version of the MOS so pretty much any red dot can be used.

Probably the only other thing the gun needs is an ambi slide release. That may or may not be a big deal to some users. Whether or not Shadow could get away with cloning a Gen 5 (or hybridization of a Gen 5) without getting sued is another topic.

My hope is that the gun will be a sales success for Shadow and will lead to some type of 17/45/47 variant.

The focus in this photo is more on the front sight. But notice the slight increase in frame beavertail. It is unobtrusive yet effective.

Last edited by Tokarev; 06-08-19 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That is a very interesting firearm. I agree that Glock should modernize their weapon systems with a more ergonomic frame. If this new pistol holds up and proves to be durable, it would be a nice alternative to a $2,000 ZEV version.

Having said that , I don't see how a company can make something like this and not get sued. How does it not infringe on Glock patents?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post

Having said that , I don't see how a company can make something like this and not get sued. How does it not infringe on Glock patents?

As you probably remember, Glock sued S&W over the Simga and pretty much won. From what I remember with all that, Smith had to pay Glock and also agree not to sell the Sigma outside the United States.

I've read the Glock patent has since expired which might account for the lack of lawsuits and explosion of aftermarket parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    As you probably remember, Glock sued S&W over the Simga and pretty much won. From what I remember with all that, Smith had to pay Glock and also agree not to sell the Sigma outside the United States.

I've read the Glock patent has since expired which might account for the lack of lawsuits and explosion of aftermarket parts.

That is correct the patent is up on the general Glock design. The patents held now are for specific design characteristic of the Glock platform, the backstrap system, the redesign of the 5th gen internals things such as that.

Shadow should be good since I have no doubt they checked all that out before they invested in the cost of manufacturing the frames.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-08-19 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    That is correct the patent is up on the general Glock design. The patents held now are for specific design characteristic of the Glock platform, the backstrap system redesign of the 5th gen internals things such as that.

Shadow should be good since I have no doubt they checked all that out before they invested in the cost of manufacturing the frames.

TXPO
    Didn't Ruger sue a Filipino company over a 10/22 knockoff some years back? From what I recall the lawsuit wasn't over any patent infringement but rather the cosmetic attributes of the gun. I wonder if something like that could be brought against Shadow, ZEV, Lone Wolf etc. But maybe Glock doesn't see these little guys as much of a threat in the general market.

But I'm going off memory and might be totally wrong about the 10/22 lawsuit.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast