Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR918 Glock 19 Clone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I just didnt like the spongy-ness of the break. The best break is the stock connector, and if you want it any lighter than that its a mush factory. VP9 and others have a good break and lighter trigger. And zero sponge.
    I like the 320 trigger for those reasons but the Glock trigger works okay. Not great but workable.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Will do....cause my 918 would surely benefit from a fitted barrel......

Unfortunately due to the Glock fire control design you can only get so much out of them. I stopped going down that rabbit hole years ago and just started working with what they are.

TXPO
    So it shoots as well as an oem Glock barrel but costs twice as much? Congratulations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So it shoots as well as an oem Glock barrel but costs twice as much? Congratulations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does, But it didn't cost $1300 or even $1000 LE pricing on Glocks, which is what two Glocks would cost me.

The grip also feels as good as one of my fully modified grips. My modified G19 cost a bit more than the 918, if you add my labor and what everything else cost to do.

If you take a $550 dollar glock, and add 100 night sights, your around $650. With roughly the $150 more your paying, you get a much better grip, nicer trigger, fancier slide with a better finish, match grade barrel with traditional rifling, (cast friendly) and all machined internals. I have nor would I ever pay 1800 plus dollars for a fancied up Glock, but for what you get in MR918, $800 is certainly not obscene.

The 918 isn't for everyone, but I wanted something different, without having to take out a loan, or build it myself.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-08-19 at 20:50.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No finger grooves, a built-in beavertail and back straps that slide onto a dovetail rather than sort of clip on and are held on by the plastic trigger housing pin. What's not to like?

From shopping around I was able to buy my MR918 for a hair under $700 before tax. The same shop had NIB Gen 4 19s for a bit north of $500 without night sights.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No finger grooves, a built-in beavertail and back straps that slide onto a dovetail rather than sort of clip on and are held on by the plastic trigger housing pin. What's not to like?

From shopping around I was able to buy my MR918 for a hair under $700 before tax. The same shop had NIB Gen 4 19s for a bit north of $500 without night sights.

Haters are just gonna Hate.......

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Haters are just gonna Hate.......

TXPO
    Nah, $700.00 for something that has the accoutrements that you want, folks should be happy for you.

Of course, it's not Glock-Spec so it has to be listed as hobby-grade, nothing that I'd want to take to the two-way range, your sample of one means nothing compared to the thousands of Glock users, probably the components are all Glock rejects, and FN will make barrels to any spec,,,,(did I miss anything?)

19X pretty much fit my needs - barrel, trigger and grip. I don't have problems with getting slide bit by Glocks so that isn't a big selling point for me.

Interested to hear long term results.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I don't have problems with getting slide bit by Glocks so that isn't a big selling point for me.
    I get bit badly and I'm not the only one.

I'm actually surprised Glock hasn't done a real beavertail for people like me. Some people would bitch about the addition of a permanent beavertail but I doubt most people would. Those who need the beavertail would be grateful. Those who don't probably wouldn't even notice the difference. Besides, it is probably much easier to grind an unwanted beavertail off than add one after purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shot my MR918 and my Nomad Defense frame put together with Gen 4 Glock 19 parts yesterday. Both guns were fired from a padded rest from 25 yards and were tested using the same ammo. I fired 25 rounds in five round groups for a total of 75 rounds through each gun.

First off, I think I prefer the Nomad grip shape over that of the MR918. It is more rounded than I usually prefer but I don't feel like my hand is quite as "crowded" if that makes sense. But the Nomad texture is smoother than the Shadow Systems and not nearly as effective. Both frames have a permanent beavertail so I had no issues with slide bite from either gun.

The Nomad trigger, being a stock Glock part, is a little heavier than the Shadow but it doesn't have as much pre-travel and has a crisper break. My Shadow trigger is a little gritty but is getting better and better with use.

Ammo used was 124 grain Federal HST, Winchester 147 grain White Box JHP and Winchester USA Forged steel case 115 grain. The only malfunction I had was in the Shadow. It was a failure to eject when using the steel case stuff.

Here are my results:

Nomad/Glock
    124 HST
    Avg MV 1178.4
    Avg group 3.04"

115 Steel
    Avg MV 1144.6
    Avg group 2.07"

147 WWB
    Avg MV 946.1
    Avg group 2.44"

Overall 2.51"

MR918
    124 HST
    Avg MV 1147.4
    Avg group 2.56"

115 Steel
    Avg MV 1145.3
    Avg group 3.16"

147 WWB
    Avg MV 919.9
    Avg group 2.18"

Overall 2.63"

As can be seen, I shot slightly better groups with the MR with the USA Forged ammo being the exception. The Glock barrel really liked that stuff. It wasn't terrible through the MR but the Glock barrel seemed to work well with it.

Both guns are generally fun and easy to shoot and are a different take on what's possible with a Glock frame while maintaining parts compatibility. The Shadow frame is a Glock 19 frame in general shape while the Nomad frame kind of reminds me of an M&P.

Here are pictures of both. The Nomad has a Brownell's slide in these photos but I used a stock Glock 19 slide for my accuracy testing.

Last mag of the day was fifteen rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 +P through the MR918. I shot this group from 10 yards standing. Pulled one a little low and left.
    Oops!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the report Tokarev. Both pistols are sweet shooters. I'll be keeping an eye on the 918, maybe it will be the G19 killer.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A couple more groups. These are standing offhand at 25 yards.

10 rounds loaded with a 124 grain cast SWC made by Montana Bullet Works:

10 rounds of 147 grain HST:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast