Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vltor A5 , 5 position vs 7 position

Feedback Score
    That's great to hear. I've been hesitant to place an order (backorder, really) because there wasn't really a stated lead time. Thanks, again, for the good info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@VWS View Post
    We have consistently been making and shipping the tubes out to our various dealers and distributors. We sent out a HUGE number of them all through May, and have made several shipments this month, as well. I can only assume that our dealers and distributors often have backorders on their sides, as well. Meaning that when fresh shipments arrive, a large percentage of those are already allocated to existing orders on their side. The perceived lack of availability is entirely due to high demand, and not due to a lack of manufacturing on our side. The RE-10/A5SR units did get pushed back a little bit due to some defense work that came through, but the RE-A5 units have been shipping out as normal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@VWS View Post
    The only time I can think of where the indexing rail length would matter is in the case of a stock that uses the front ramp of the indexing rail as an installation point, like some of the Magpul PRS units.
    Longer stocks like the EMod and ACS won't collapse all the way with the SR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Longer stocks like the EMod and ACS won't collapse all the way with the SR.
    Actually they do collapse as far as the short rail allows them to go, and they utilize all 6 positions of the SR tube. The short rail just prevents them from closing the gap to the castle nut.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    That was a good vid. thanks for posting. TBH, most of my A5’s are 7 pos, but I’ve had some 6, only because I couldn’t get a 7 and I like running Emod butt stocks, but I never really put a lot of thought into what stocks work the best on each, though I did note that my Emod’s collapsed closer to the end plate than my Magpul SL-S but I kinda guessed the two were sorta made for each other, both coming from Vltor and all.
    But it was cool to see it all explained in the video plus Nick’s explanation of how the underside differs between the two.
    And for explaining what the heck “SR” stood for. That has had me perplexed for years now! Mystery solved!

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Just a heads-up, these extensions are now in stock at Brownells, and only $38 at Midway. Midway also has all buffers for sale but the H3 is on backorder.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    That's great to hear. I've been hesitant to place an order (backorder, really) because there wasn't really a stated lead time. Thanks, again, for the good info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12