Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

I see more and more of these out there. Anybody have experience shooting one of these? What will they do that a M4 won't do?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Save you from sending 200$ to the government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Save you from sending 200$ to the government

BOOM *mic drop*

I have a SBR, 2 AR pistols and one AK pistol with the SBA3 brace. I won't be seeking the permission of the crown to put a plastic shoulder implement on my legally acquired guns ever again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    11.3” Sionics with brace. Love it. Very handy weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_d_33 View Post
    11.3” Sionics with brace. Love it. Very handy weapon.

Oh I and I forgot, you can cross state lines with this

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some states you can't have a loaded rifle in vehicle, but you can have a loaded pistol.

Feedback Score
    Yup, what they said. They are not quite as comfy as a real stock, though the SBA3 comes the closest. It does a pretty good job. I still prefer a real stock, and I love my SBR the most, but that damn government overreach is just a bitch to have to deal with. Having a "pistol" is just so much easier. I'll probably not do any more SBRs ever again unless they do away from the tax and registry laws.

1. SBRs are $200 more expensive.
    2. You have to do a butt load of paperwork, wait months on end to see if you get approved, have your name on some government hit list, and ask permission to travel out of state with them. (and not all states even allow them)
    3. Nobody else can borrow them, unless you did a trust, and they're on it.
    4. Can't sell them.
    5. Pistol laws apply to the braced guns, so carrying, and concealing it changes things legally. Especially in a vehicle.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 06-07-19 at 23:50.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SBR laws are baloney and shouldn't even exist. They do nothing. But in lieu of blatantly rocking unregistered SBRs we have braced AR pistols which do away with all the cons of NFA with almost all of the pros; so while you can't specifically have a SOPMOD stock or whatever for a clone build you can get great adjustable braces like the SBA3 these days so there's something that should work for everybody to ride the hassle-free NFA-defying bandwagon. My AR pistol is the only AR I shoot anymore:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    To echo what others have already said, I like the idea of keeping a mag in the gun while traveling, and not giving the government anymore of my money.

SB Tactical's new SBA4 came out a few weeks ago. I ended up purchasing one and I must say, I think this thing has closed the gap between "brace" and stock. It feels better in the shoulder than many of my rifles with real stocks do, and the cheek weld is very nice (between a B5 Bravo and SOPMOD). The rubber wings really don't flex much at all, and it doesn't have the issue that the SBA3 did with the wings folding over themselves. It also seems to lock up as tight as most of my other BCM/B5/LMT stocks do on my rifles. The only thing I haven't had a chance to try yet is mortaring the rifle to clear a malfunction. I suspect that as long as you used the top rear portion of the brace just behind the receiver extension and not contact the rubber wings, you'd probably be ok.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an SBA3, and while the bottom wings can fold on themselves a little, its not something I would spend money trying to fix. I love my SBA3 and after using it for a few range trips, am convinced I dont need to SBR anything. It really is 95% of what I would want in a carbine stock. My go-to carbine stock on the market is the BCM in case you needed refernce.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast