G&R Tactical
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockycharms View Post
    I have been looking into AR pistols and even looked at the Ruger at $559 and am wondering if there is a pistol with a shorter barrel that will work reliably?
    Don't go below 10.5" and preferably 11.5" on 5.56 unless you hate ballistics and are just creating a meme gun.

Avoid Ruger. Proprietary parts.

If you feel the need to go under 10.5" 300 BLK is your best bet.
    "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."- Neil McCauley

Feedback Score
    Somewhat undecided on the issue, I tried an associates AR pistol, 10.5" IIRC, it was ok, I shoot a 'standard' AR better. I also don't carry a long gun in my vehicle, but to those that do, perhaps this is an excellent option for them. To each his own :-)

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Somewhat undecided on the issue, I tried an associates AR pistol, 10.5" IIRC, it was ok, I shoot a 'standard' AR better. I also don't carry a long gun in my vehicle, but to those that do, perhaps this is an excellent option for them. To each his own :-)
    I have seen a shooter with a 10.5 go out to 250yds ringing steel with a red dot. Pissed a few guys with $2400 glass on their 20's off. If you want a pistol you can get a PSA 10.5 with a blast can. The ones with an A2 flash hider makes it louder than all get out under a tin roof at the range, or even standing in an open field. PSA sells kits, and they sell complete uppers, and complete lowers. I have 2 PSA's. No problems. I also have a PSA FN 14.7CHF chrome lined pinned and welded upper it runs great. I use a rifle lower but can go to a pistol lower.
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 08-11-19 at 10:51.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314