Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

Feedback Score
    So I rewatched the video.... there is virtually no difference between 10.5 and 9”. It would help if I could read lol.
    Themonk, Mrgunsngear thank you for making me look at this again. Since I’m going for compact package 9” it is.

Feedback Score
    Mrgunsngear: I like your videos because they get right to the point and you have mostly all meat and no fat in your presentations.

I would like to see a video where you torture test that PSA AR pistol with a high round count to see how it holds up long-term.

Last edited by Doc Safari; 07-12-19 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm looking at finally buying my first pistol caliber AR "Pistol", but fear the ATF is going to change their mind on what constitutes a brace, which would force us to SBR these things. The recent letter on vertical fore grips could be the first step. And Trump is showing he is not as Pro 2A as people thought.

That's the only reason I'm hesitant to buy one right now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man up and do it. If they reclassify your brace as a stock, remove the brace from your pistol. Or, replace the barrel with a 16 incher. Shooting now is better than fretting over something that may never happen.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Man up and do it. If they reclassify your brace as a stock, remove the brace from your pistol. Or, replace the barrel with a 16 incher. Shooting now is better than fretting over something that may never happen.
    Exactly. If the ****ers change their minds for a particular week, an' that gives ya the heebie-jeebies, sheesh, then just take the damn brace off and shoot it. Ain't that hard.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    I'm looking at finally buying my first pistol caliber AR "Pistol", but fear the ATF is going to change their mind on what constitutes a brace, which would force us to SBR these things. The recent letter on vertical fore grips could be the first step. And Trump is showing he is not as Pro 2A as people thought.

That's the only reason I'm hesitant to buy one right now.
    You sound like the type of guy that merges at 30mph below the freeway speed limit.

You can never be too careful!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Did you guys know if you chant “ATF man” 5 times into your bathroom mirror at exactly midnight a G man will instantly appear and confiscate your non-compliant 922r parts shoot your dog.

It’s not an urban legend I swear on my F4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You sound like the type of guy that merges at 30mph below the freeway speed limit.

You can never be too careful!
    I raced for years with SCCA and NASA, so I have a heavy foot. But thanks for the valuable input.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've just started my search for a 300 Blackout SBR. I'm not sure exactly if this will would but what I would like to do is to find a manufacture that makes a quality whole rifle but sells the upper and lower separately.

Buy the upper and buy a budget lower with brace. Then buy the lower and go through the whole NFA process.

This way I could start shooting with it now while I want for the NFA process. Also I can take the upper/brace across state lines if I care to. Then if the braces become illegal I'm not out much.
    Last edited by QuackXP; 07-15-19 at 16:44.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I've just started my search for a 300 Blackout SBR. I'm not sure exactly if this will would but what I would like to do is to find a manufacture that makes a quality whole rifle but sells the upper and lower separately.

Buy the upper and buy a budget lower with brace. Then buy the lower and go through the whole NFA process.

This way I could start shooting with it now while I want for the NFA process. Also I can take the upper/brace across state lines if I care to. Then if the braces become illegal I'm not out much.

I have at least three NFA items that are on the list so I am also considering a trust.
    This is probably the best overall solution, the best of both worlds maybe.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast