Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

Feedback Score
    You'll want to establish the trust before filing your paperwork. As I read it, your plan didn't seem totally clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I've just started my search for a 300 Blackout SBR. I'm not sure exactly if this will would but what I would like to do is to find a manufacture that makes a quality whole rifle but sells the upper and lower separately.

Buy the upper and buy a budget lower with brace. Then buy the lower and go through the whole NFA process.

This way I could start shooting with it now while I want for the NFA process. Also I can take the upper/brace across state lines if I care to. Then if the braces become illegal I'm not out much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Exactly. If the ****ers change their minds for a particular week, an' that gives ya the heebie-jeebies, sheesh, then just take the damn brace off and shoot it. Ain't that hard.
    ^Best advice^

Feedback Score
    Just completed my first efiled form 1. just in case. It was pretty easy.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, listen to Quack' n the Doc'...it's exactly what I did with my Scorpion, put on a brace while I waited for the paperwork. Said paperwork took 10 months, which is bullchit too.
    I'm not crazy about the NFA registration, but it's all a question with no perfect answers.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I have 2 braced pistols now and have no plans to SBR them. $400 will buy alot of parts for another AR or alot of ammo for AR's. I plan to enjoy shooting my pistols and transporting them wherever and however I want. If Big Brother somehow bans SBR's, I am out nothing. If Big Brother bans pistol braces, I will just rebuild my pistols into carbines and shelve the pistol parts until the rules change again.
    Operation Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, For God and Country.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Heck, 400 can build you another pistol, if you look for steals and deals!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcecil88 View Post
    I have 2 braced pistols now and have no plans to SBR them. $400 will buy alot of parts for another AR or alot of ammo for AR's. I plan to enjoy shooting my pistols and transporting them wherever and however I want. If Big Brother somehow bans SBR's, I am out nothing. If Big Brother bans pistol braces, I will just rebuild my pistols into carbines and shelve the pistol parts until the rules change again.
    I SBR'd a couple BCM's years ago before PCC really took off. I agree with others there is no real reason to SBR now unless you just can't make the SBA3 "brace" work for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Very true. If someone wants just a basic rifle or pistol, $400 will buy you one now. I got an ad from ABC Rifle Co. the other day. 16" carbine with a quad rail for $299.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    I SBR'd a couple BCM's years ago before PCC really took off. I agree with others there is no real reason to SBR now unless you just can't make the SBA3 "brace" work for some reason.
    I have the SB PDW and SBA3 braces and each has their own pros and cons. I want to try an SBA4 next on a 12.5" pistol build.

Feedback Score
    Since my most recent pistol cost me $1,383.86 to build. Would you please spec me a $400 build for comparison? Thanks.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast