Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockycharms View Post
    I have been looking into AR pistols and even looked at the Ruger at $559 and am wondering if there is a pistol with a shorter barrel that will work reliably?
    Don't go below 10.5" and preferably 11.5" on 5.56 unless you hate ballistics and are just creating a meme gun.

Avoid Ruger. Proprietary parts.

If you feel the need to go under 10.5" 300 BLK is your best bet.

Feedback Score
    Somewhat undecided on the issue, I tried an associates AR pistol, 10.5" IIRC, it was ok, I shoot a 'standard' AR better. I also don't carry a long gun in my vehicle, but to those that do, perhaps this is an excellent option for them. To each his own :-)

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Somewhat undecided on the issue, I tried an associates AR pistol, 10.5" IIRC, it was ok, I shoot a 'standard' AR better. I also don't carry a long gun in my vehicle, but to those that do, perhaps this is an excellent option for them. To each his own :-)
    I have seen a shooter with a 10.5 go out to 250yds ringing steel with a red dot. Pissed a few guys with $2400 glass on their 20's off. If you want a pistol you can get a PSA 10.5 with a blast can. The ones with an A2 flash hider makes it louder than all get out under a tin roof at the range, or even standing in an open field. PSA sells kits, and they sell complete uppers, and complete lowers. I have 2 PSA's. No problems. I also have a PSA FN 14.7CHF chrome lined pinned and welded upper it runs great. I use a rifle lower but can go to a pistol lower.
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 08-11-19 at 10:51.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314