Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol ARs with "brace": experience?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm just surprised that so many people are still running VFG's on anything.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    What about angled grips

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    What about angled grips

I'm not a fan of either, but the VFG is better than the AFG in my experience. I found the AFG to make it harder to run the gun, whereas the VFG is just neutral for me. It doesn't make it harder, but it really doesn't add anything or aide in controlling the gun either so I don't use them. I prefer the C clamp/thumb over bore or whatever they're calling it these days. I don't run a MAWL or other device, but if I did and rail space limited my ability to grip the gun how I like, I'd probably use a VFG.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m going to duct tape a bunch of popsicle sticks in a near vertical oriented fashion and see where that gets me. But then use them as a hand stop .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Like most people (I think), I use the VFG as a hand stop until the rail gets so hot I have to drop down on the grip to avoid the heat. That's the only reason I like them. Yes, I lose most of the muzzle control I had but I can still keep shooting. In my 11.3" it only takes 3 mags before it's toasty without gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post

Feedback Score
    Has anyone shot a 9” 300bo and compared it to a 10” or 10.3” 300bo? I’m specifically interested in how they compare in terms of muzzle blast and efficacy in terms of velocity/energy. Or is this question pointless given the difference of only 1-1.3”?
    I have an aero lower on the way and am going back and forth between the two lengths. I’m leaning more towards a 10-10.3” length due to added velocity. I am planning on eventually putting a suppressor on it (gemtech Trek) and i’d like to get as much velocity with subs as I can if I ever need it in a home defense situation, without getting the sonic crack.

I’ve also watched MrGunsngear’s video on the different barrel lengths which is where I’m getting the notion of the slightly longer barrel.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Have a 9" and had a 12". Sold the 12". To answer your question it's pointless. More of a 7" vs 9" question.

Feedback Score
    Thank you much, I appreciate it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleducky View Post
    Has anyone shot a 9” 300bo and compared it to a 10” or 10.3” 300bo? I’m specifically interested in how they compare in terms of muzzle blast and efficacy in terms of velocity/energy. Or is this question pointless given the difference of only 1-1.3”?
    I have an aero lower on the way and am going back and forth between the two lengths. I’m leaning more towards a 10-10.3” length due to added velocity. I am planning on eventually putting a suppressor on it (gemtech Trek) and i’d like to get as much velocity with subs as I can if I ever need it in a home defense situation, without getting the sonic crack.

I’ve also watched MrGunsngear’s video on the different barrel lengths which is where I’m getting the notion of the slightly longer barrel.
    I *hope* lots of myths were dispelled there.

Feedback Score
    I enjoyed the presentation. I know there are many people who would go with the shorter barrel, but I’m going to go with the 10-10.5” barrel. Im not looking for something to replace my 18” spr or my 16” mid length, but since it will be a pistol I’d still like to get some “more” velocity while staying shorter. I’ve also decided to put together an 18” 7.62x39 mid length upper just because haha

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast