Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: My review of Wolf Gold. Edit: Post 83 batch testing pics

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanq View Post
    So, ammo you've used for years, doesn't shoot for shit out of a (one) brand new upper, and your conclusion is "Wolf Gold is shit"?
    Can you read the rest of the thread and post your thoughts now?

What happened to Killick’s posts? I love when idiots post and then bounce when data is present.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 06-30-19 at 18:19. Reason: lol Killick

Feedback Score
    My point is simply that inexpensive range ammo is not to be used if one is looking for great results at 100 yards. I do regret this hurts anyone's feelings.
    Last edited by TH76251556; 06-30-19 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Euro, what does your 12.5” BA barrel do with known good quality 75-77 gr. match ammo? Also, is it the Gov profile or their Hanson series?

I had a 12.5” gov profile version that wouldn’t shoot my 77 gr. OTM handloads or factory Hornady 75 gr. OTM under 2.5”. I tested it back to back with a chopped down Noveske CL 11.5” and was just under 1” with the same ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone ran this head to head with regular wolf steel cased? I wonder if steel cases would be about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Euro,

Any input on my question above?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Euro, what does your 12.5” BA barrel do with known good quality 75-77 gr. match ammo? Also, is it the Gov profile or their Hanson series?

I had a 12.5” gov profile version that wouldn’t shoot my 77 gr. OTM handloads or factory Hornady 75 gr. OTM under 2.5”. I tested it back to back with a chopped down Noveske CL 11.5” and was just under 1” with the same ammo.
    It’s their gov profile. It will shoot about 1.25” with 69gr. It didn’t like my 77gr TMK handloads.

Oddly, my 12.5” Noveske SS don’t shoot 77gr TMK handloads well either. But they’re 0.3 MOA in my 20” Krueger

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    It’s their gov profile. It will shoot about 1.25” with 69gr. It didn’t like my 77gr TMK handloads.

Oddly, my 12.5” Noveske SS don’t shoot 77gr TMK handloads well either. But they’re 0.3 MOA in my 20” Krueger
    Thanks Euro.

That’s interesting about the SS Noveske not liking your 77gr handloads. I had a 16” SS Noveske that shot the same handloads I referenced above pretty consistently into 3/4” 5 shot groups (MarkM’s load - 21.8gr H322, Wolf SRM, & 77gr Nosler CC)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For what it's worth, I think the Wolf brass cases are out of spec.

I picked up a couple dozen once fired from the ground at the range. I didn't make any measurements, but most of them didn't want to size down properly at the head and wouldn't fit into the case gauge.

Also, on every one, the new primer (CCI # 41) refused to seat down to the proper depth.

I threw them all out and won't use them again.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the Wolf brass cases are out of spec.

I picked up a couple dozen once fired from the ground at the range. I didn't make any measurements, but most of them didn't want to size down properly at the head and wouldn't fit into the case gauge.

Also, on every one, the new primer (CCI # 41) refused to seat down to the proper depth.

I threw them all out and won't use them again.
    That sounds like a chamber issue with whatever gun fired them. I've loaded WOLF Gold brass with no sizing issue. The do have a stout crimp and primer pocket which is nice if you want to run a hot load. That said, I've never used them for precision or anything. Mostly 62 gr HP target loads. So I've never checked the brass for accuracy/consistency.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That sounds like a chamber issue with whatever gun fired them. I've loaded WOLF Gold brass with no sizing issue. The do have a stout crimp and primer pocket which is nice if you want to run a hot load. That said, I've never used them for precision or anything. Mostly 62 gr HP target loads. So I've never checked the brass for accuracy/consistency.
    I was just getting ready to ask could that be the chamber of the rifle they were fired from.

Bold: So doesn't that go away when you reload them? How do you keep the crimp?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast