Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My review of Wolf Gold. Edit: Post 83 batch testing pics

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

My review of Wolf Gold. (Tl:dr - throw that shit away)

Maybe I missed it, but this has been verified across multiple cases, if not lot numbers? Or could this all be from the same 1k round case?

ETA - never mind, I just found the linked post from 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 06-10-19 at 05:21.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I had some similar results from early TAP. They were visibly non-concentric. I also had more stoppages with them, but admittedly, this was with a Bushy that already had a lot of stoppages.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KILLICK View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, those of us who have shot a metric shit ton of WOLF Gold are somehow supposed to be persuaded otherwise by the OP's comments, which do not take into account: his shooting skills, his gear, etc. etc. etc.

I'm out. I'm not playing this game.
    This doesn’t carry much oomph when you’re talking about snap shooting with vis lasers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just tried Wolf Gold for the first time back in like February or March, since then I've gone through about 1200 rounds of it. I've found the accuracy to be pretty much comparable to Federal XM193, which makes sense, since it allegedly loaded to M193 specs, although I can actually perceive a difference in felt recoil between the two rounds when shooting one right after the other, and the Federal definitely seems to be hotter.
    I'll keep buying it for range ammo.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Its training ammo. I have shot at least 10k of it without issue but im not using it to shoot groups other than playing around. Its ammo for classes. If I am looking for accuracy I will uses the ammo that best suits the rifle. Its generally 2-3 moa ammo unless its out of my Larue which likes the stuff.

It's also very likely that your rifle hates that ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wolf Gold is just fine. One guy, One problem. No big deal.
    I hope you're right that's it's no big deal (I use a lot of WG), but it is a bit troubling. If what happened to ED happened to me I wouldn't be too happy either. What I really would like to know though is why this happened. Maybe I don't get to know that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "but it is a bit troubling."

Why? One person alleges he had ammo problems with one box of it, out of a case of it, out of ... who knows how many hundreds of thousands of rounds received from the plant in Taiwan where it is made? It's one guy. One opinion. Unsubstantiated fact. Blaming the ammo...why is this of any concern? Sorry, I've shot a metric shit ton of the stuff, never an issue. It's cheap brass cased commercially produced ammo. "Good enough" ... who would think it is good enough for 600 yards groups?
    Because I've been on this board for a while, and you get a feel for where people are coming from. I don't think ED is lying that's all. And I think at minimum he's a pretty fair shot.

I don't plan on stopping the use of WG either, but like I said I would like to know why this happened. Are we only here to reject out hand someone's experience or to try to get to the bottom of the issue? You seem to be taking this personally.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nobody is saying anyone is lying. Not me. Is it an ammo problem? I don't know. I don't care.

Just one guy. One incident.

Nothing to cause any alarm.
    I didn't think you thought he was lying. It's just me reflecting on the nature of his original posts.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    "but it is a bit troubling."

Why? One person alleges he had ammo problems with one box of it, out of a case of it, out of ... who knows how many hundreds of thousands of rounds received from the plant in Taiwan where it is made? It's one guy. One opinion. Unsubstantiated fact. Blaming the ammo...why is this of any concern? Sorry, I've shot a metric shit ton of the stuff, never an issue. It's cheap brass cased commercially produced ammo. "Good enough" ... who would think it is good enough for 600 yards groups?
    Trolling is fun.

Don’t you shoot with visible lasers? I wouldn’t have noticed the accuracy problem with my Wolf Gold if I was into such elite shooting like that either. Even with my several problem cases of ammo over several years with several rifles with several shooters - all in the OP but you continue to continue to harp on things that aren’t true, like that it was only with one rifle or one box or because it grouped well at 600 yards every single round made by them is automatically quality stuff.

Thanks for bringing some entertainment to the thread. Are you really in TX? I can meet you near DFW/Waco in a few weeks and give you every round I have for $0.265/ea.

Feedback Score

My review of Wolf Gold. (Tl:dr - throw that shit away)

Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I just tried Wolf Gold for the first time back in like February or March, since then I've gone through about 1200 rounds of it. I've found the accuracy to be pretty much comparable to Federal XM193, which makes sense, since it allegedly loaded to M193 specs, although I can actually perceive a difference in felt recoil between the two rounds when shooting one right after the other, and the Federal definitely seems to be hotter.
    I'll keep buying it for range ammo.

If Federal feels hotter, then how could wolf be loaded to 193 specs? In fact, Wolf Gold is .223 ammunition, and by definition isn’t M193 or loaded to M193 specs as M193 is a 5.56 round that exceeds SAMI pressure for .223 Remington. They couldn’t legally label it .223 if it were loaded to M193 specs.

They both features a 55 gr bullet and can be fired out of a 5.56 rifle. That’s about as far as they go as to being “the same”.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast