Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My review of Wolf Gold. Edit: Post 83 batch testing pics

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    If Federal feels hotter, then how could wolf be loaded to 193 specs? In fact, Wolf Gold is .223 ammunition, and by definition isn’t M193 or loaded to M193 specs as M193 is a 5.56 round that exceeds SAMI pressure for .223 Remington. They couldn’t legally label it .223 if it were loaded to M193 specs.

They both features a 55 gr bullet and can be fired out of a 5.56 rifle. That’s about as far as they go as to being “the same”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, Federal doesn't claim that XM-193 is really M-193. Very few companies claim true M-193 specs. Maybe IMI and CBC, but I haven't kept up with it. WG doesn't claim M-193 specs either, but it comes close in practice. It seems to have a close to the right pressure and curve, it has sealed bullets and primers, it 55 gr, and I chrono'd it at 3215 at about 10 ft from the muzzle out of a 20".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Actually, Federal doesn't claim that XM-193 is really M-193. Very few companies claim true M-193 specs. Maybe IMI and CBC, but I haven't kept up with it. WG doesn't claim M-193 specs either, but it comes close in practice. It seems to have a close to the right pressure and curve, it has sealed bullets and primers, it 55 gr, and I chrono'd it at 3215 at about 10 ft from the muzzle out of a 20".
    Actually, according to my friend who is an engineer at the Lake City plant, the only difference between M193 and XM193 is the packaging. “X” means it’s sold to the public. “M” means it was going to government. They come off the same line are aren’t designated until they are packaged.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What I said was is that Federal/ATK doesn't "claim" that it makes the spec. There have been threads about what the X means, and no doubt your engineer is hopefully in the know, but...if they are coming off the same line, is the military getting the final tumbling whereas the civies aren't. That's one difference, maybe small, but a difference. Are there other minor differences...I don't know.

Put yourself in my shoes...if a guy comes up to me and says...is XM-193 really M-193, am I going to say a guy on M4C knows a Federal engineer who said that it is or am I going to say...Federal isn't saying, but it's decent ammo, try it for yourself.

I would also point out that the Taiwanese may or may not be loading to 193 specs, probably not because it chrono's ever so slightly low. They may have their own specs. I know, and of course you don't have to believe me, that I have shot genuine M-193 at 3300 fps out of a 20"...that's seems out of spec.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-09-19 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    According to him, no other QC measures. Same line. It’s a legal thing is what he told me...if a NATO government doesn’t by that actual round it’s not M193. Take it for what you will. Or better yet, chronic some side by side. Measure powder, throw them on a runout gauge. Doesn’t really matter to me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    According to him, no other QC measures. Same line. It’s a legal thing is what he told me...if a NATO government doesn’t by that actual round it’s not M193. Take it for what you will. Or better yet, chronic some side by side. Measure powder, throw them on a runout gauge. Doesn’t really matter to me.

I have chrono'd XM-193 and it was about 3170 out of a 20", but that was some time ago, like years. I generally won't use it because it looks like crap. I like my stuff to look like somebody cared. I do use other Federal ammo though, SG shells. 22's and HST 9mm.

Did a little research...it looks like no branch of the military uses M-193 anymore (could be wrong though). So that means that there is no military vs. civy...it's all civy.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-09-19 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Trolling is fun.

Don’t you shoot with visible lasers? I wouldn’t have noticed the accuracy problem with my Wolf Gold if I was into such elite shooting like that either. Even with my several problem cases of ammo over several years with several rifles with several shooters - all in the OP but you continue to continue to harp on things that aren’t true, like that it was only with one rifle or one box or because it grouped well at 600 yards every single round made by them is automatically quality stuff.

Thanks for bringing some entertainment to the thread. Are you really in TX? I can meet you near DFW/Waco in a few weeks and give you every round I have for $0.265/ea.
    Oh hell no, he ain’t from Texas. That was me being a smartass about his God’s Country location because we all should know that there is ONLY ONE state in the Union (God rest her soul) That has had the privileged status of bring a recognized country - a Nation. That’s with a big ‘N’. I haven’t met many Texans who would read your post (which apparently he still hasn’t done.) and arrive at the conclusion of “I just don’t get it.” Being a conscientious ambassador of M4C and as the MoY (damn I love me some acronyms) I tried to help explain. But apparently failed. But in my pondering of this situation I believe have solved this conundrum.

Killick states that he and his posse have shot tens of thousands of Wolf Gold with zero issues. Therefore, Euro, it is IMPOSSIBLE within this physical and metaphysical plane is existence that we may or may not abide in, to experience any issues with WG ammo. Because Killick himself has shot the hell out of it and has experienced zero issues - so I’m sorry but you’re not allowed to have any issues.
    Because Killick said so.

It’s basically the ammo of the gods. (Little ‘g’)

So you need to change your mind (and post) and go buy a bunch more of WG ammo that never has issues.

So let it be written. So let it be done.
    Yul Brenner - Ramases

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To be fair, Killick didn't say ED situation was impossible, just that it was an anomaly that didn't matter.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    To be fair, Killick didn't say ED situation was impossible, just that it was an anomaly that didn't matter.

You read it your way. I’ll read it mine.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    And besides shame on you for trying to ruin my fun.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    its Taiwanese ammo....what did you expect?

also infinite lulz for visible lazers

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast