Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me figure out why my new LaRue MBT is sticking/doesn't feel right

Feedback Score
    Have you tried just the trigger without the hammer? I'd like to know if it moves back and forth freely in the lower without any binding or drag. I had a lower with a really tight pocket and the trigger I bought for it was very tight and did things that sounded just like your problem. Obvious tolerance stack-up, in my case, since I had other triggers that worked in the lower and this particular trigger worked in other lowers.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=[B]tehpwnag3[/B];2742453]Have you tried just the trigger without the hammer? I'd like to know if it moves back and forth freely in the lower without any binding or drag..[/QUOTE]

This ^^^ Also push side to side when checking... You'll know IF it's the problem right away..
    Plus, Just look at the side of the trigger and the Lower trigger pocket,<After you've removed the grease/cleaned it up} IF it's rubbing, I would think it should show... Get rid of the grease in this area, You don't need it there when things are correct.
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 06-11-19 at 06:14. Reason: High Light "tehpwanag3"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sounds like you have a tight trigger pocket.

I had a 2A armament lower. When I tightened the KNS trigger pins I was using it pinched the thin walled lower receiver and it bound. I had to back off the tightness on the ons pins and it was good.

Being you’re not using Kns pins and it’s a full thickness lower I’d say it’s an out of spec lower that worked with the stock trigger.
    Last edited by TMS951; 06-10-19 at 21:48.

Feedback Score

Help me figure out why my new LaRue MBT is sticking/doesn't feel right

Hey Greg.,... So.... what have You found to be the issue?
    Inquiring Minds want to know.
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    I tried filing the trigger hole in the lower and a little bit on the trigger, barely at all really. I also greased the trigger hole, and now it seems to be working much better. No more sticking and it feels pretty smooth. I have the heavy trigger spring in there now, and ordered a trigger pull gauge to see if it was where it was supposed to be. Right now the first stage with the heavy spring is around 3 lbs, and the 2nd stage is around 2 lbs, for a total of about 5 lbs trigger pull. I actually like the light spring better from what I remember, but haven't yet changed it back in to measure the pull weight. The heavy spring feels just a bit heavy to me, and I liked the light spring because the wall was a little more perceptible since the first stage was lighter. I seem to remember reading people online saying the heavy spring was a bit lighter than mine, which seems to break around 5 to 5.5 lbs, so I'm not sure why that is. It does feel much smoother now though, so overall I'm pleased
    Last edited by gregr507; 06-14-19 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregr507 View Post
    I tried filing the trigger hole in the lower and a little bit on the trigger, barely at all really. I also greased the trigger hole, and now it seems to be working much better. No more sticking and it feels pretty smooth. I have the heavy trigger spring in there now, and ordered a trigger pull gauge to see if it was where it was supposed to be. Right now the first stage with the heavy spring is around 3 lbs, and the 2nd stage is around 2 lbs, for a total of about 5 lbs trigger pull. I actually like the light spring better from what I remember, but haven't yet changed it back in to measure the pull weight. The heavy spring feels just a bit heavy to me, and I liked the light spring because the wall was a little more perceptible since the first stage was lighter. I seem to remember reading people online saying the heavy spring was a bit lighter than mine, which seems to break around 5 to 5.5 lbs, so I'm not sure why that is. It does feel much smoother now though, so overall I'm pleased
    At this point that pretty much sounds like the lower was the issue. However, You are the one working on it, do you think the issue was something else?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    At this point that pretty much sounds like the lower was the issue. However, You are the one working on it, do you think the issue was something else?
    Yeah I have to think it was the lower, there were a couple spots where it looked a little rough when I was filing it. I really didn't file it much, but maybe it was just enough to smooth those spots? I haven't tried it yet without applying grease to the trigger cutout in the lower, so maybe that helped too. You guys are all awesome for helping me work through it!

I also tried reinstalling the light trigger spring to see how it felt. It broke around 4 pounds, but after playing with the heavy trigger spring for a while, I saw some of the issues with the light one that people were talking about. It does feel slightly mushier, and the reset is definitely soft. I felt like I had to take my finger almost completely off the trigger for it to reset, I didn't feel much push for it to want to reset itself when the trigger was fully depressed. I have the heavy spring back in there now. I almost wish there was a spring halfway between the heavy and the light, but the heavy seems to work alright for me. I'm hoping it lightens up a little as I continue to break it in. I don't have much point of reference to compare it to, as my only other triggers have been milspec and the PSA EPT, but I can tell it's definitely much nicer than those.

Feedback Score
    You might want to have this issue checked out by a knowledgeable gunsmith, just to be sure. I'm not getting that feeling that you've "nailed it" just yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    You might want to have this issue checked out by a knowledgeable gunsmith, just to be sure. I'm not getting that feeling that you've "nailed it" just yet.
    Plus 1 again.

You shouldn't have to put any grease on the side of trigger or on side of the trigger hole, zero....

As tehpwnag3, said before... Remove the Hammer... put just the trigger in by itself NO spring... trigger and pin to hold/pivot off of... it Should move 100% free, NO Drag... IF it is draggin', again, it's an easy fix... I hope this helps
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 06-18-19 at 12:34.

Feedback Score

Question Have You tried the Test tehpwnag3 suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    Plus 1 again.

You shouldn't have to put any grease on the side of trigger or on side of the trigger hole, zero....

As tehpwnag3, said before... Remove the Hammer... put just the trigger in by itself NO spring... trigger and pin to hold/pivot off of... it Should move 100% free, NO Drag... IF it is draggin', again, it's an easy fix... I hope this helps

Sooo..gregr507. WhaSUP Mang.?

Have You Tried the above Test: Trigger by itself, is it free now or did you have to do alittle more filing?

Peace Mav

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast