Thread: Range report : Colt CM 308 gas gun

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Range report : Colt CM 308 gas gun

I recently purchased a Colt CM 6.5 CM. It has a 18 inch SS rifle length gas Sytem. Has a 17 inch very sturdy Mlok rail. The rail has a notch into the upper so it cant rotate. Full ambi controls. Colt Defense built rifle.

My two primary concerns were, is it going to be hugely over gassed ? Is it going to be accurate?

Mark started out on the gun, first round short stroked. It kept short stroking. Doing this while we are sighting in the gun. We popped on the Sig 762 can and the brass floated out to 3- 3:30 and shot like a pretty soft. We got the gun sighted in.

We shot the first group with S&B $11/box ammo and shot a clean Sub Moa group. Now I did this with a $179 Primary Arms 1-8 cheapo scope. Then we loaded up some Hornady 140grain match ammo and shot .5 Moa group.

I paid $1,400 for this gun and it impressed me beyond measure. If your looking for a price sensitive AR10, might want to give them a look. Mark may have pics to post.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-08-19 at 19:51.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"