Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range report : Colt CM 308 gas gun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Range report : Colt CM 308 gas gun

I recently purchased a Colt CM 6.5 CM. It has a 18 inch SS rifle length gas Sytem. Has a 17 inch very sturdy Mlok rail. The rail has a notch into the upper so it cant rotate. Full ambi controls. Colt Defense built rifle.

My two primary concerns were, is it going to be hugely over gassed ? Is it going to be accurate?

Mark started out on the gun, first round short stroked. It kept short stroking. Doing this while we are sighting in the gun. We popped on the Sig 762 can and the brass floated out to 3- 3:30 and shot like a pretty soft. We got the gun sighted in.

We shot the first group with S&B $11/box ammo and shot a clean Sub Moa group. Now I did this with a $179 Primary Arms 1-8 cheapo scope. Then we loaded up some Hornady 140grain match ammo and shot .5 Moa group.

I paid $1,400 for this gun and it impressed me beyond measure. If your looking for a price sensitive AR10, might want to give them a look. Mark may have pics to post.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-08-19 at 19:51.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice, and congrats on your new rifle.

That's a fun rifle to have out west.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That sounds like exactly what I want in a 6.5CM. And awesome price. Congrats.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've been thinking about picking up a 6.5 upper to go with the .308 which I already own. Glad to hear about your results concerning accuracy, thanks

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks for the review. I've been wanting one of these for a while, it sounds like I need to hurry up and buy one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up a 6.5 upper to go with the .308 which I already own. Glad to hear about your results concerning accuracy, thanks
    Gunner, be aware the Colts configuration is somewhat proprietary, soil you go Cut, it needs to be the whole gun. Best of luck.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We were shooting off the concrete benches with mongoloids with body odor all around, yet we managed to get some impressive results out of this gun and the Bergara bolt gun.

The Colt shoots damned near as soft as a 5.56 AR. It's a cool gun.

Last edited by markm; 06-09-19 at 12:07.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Gunner, be aware the Colts configuration is somewhat proprietary, soil you go Cut, it needs to be the whole gun. Best of luck.
    Should’ve mentioned that the .308 is a Colt 901. I believe that it will work but will certainly confirm

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think so because I read somewhere it has those same capabilities as the 901 to convert to a 556 dealio.

PB

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your report. Congrats, it sounds like it’ll be a shooter.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast