Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range report : Colt CM 308 gas gun

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Longer pins here.

https://geissele.com/large-pin-colt-...mmer-pins.html

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The trigger group is standard except for the longer pins that fit the forging. I still installed a Geissele for Pappabear using the shorter pins though.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    thanks Clint, I just grabbed a set. Mark made mine work even though they were less than ideal. They didn't walk out yet but I don't want them to and have my trigger take a crapper on me.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-12-19 at 14:34.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Does it still short stroke without the suppressor?

We haven't dug into the gassing on this gun at all. I'm reluctant to tear a gun apart if I don't need to.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We haven't pulled the can off. We may give that a try next shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6.5 in an 18" barrel makes me cringe a bit... But even when you lose ~100 (or more!) FPS, the 6.5 round really still performs. Even out at 1000m, you're only looking at a little over 1 mil elevation and under a half mil of windage in 10 mph full value cross winds. Even when seeking to optimize the barrel length, the reality is that the external ballistics on secant ogive 6.5 projectiles are just... good.

I am really very interested in seeing what you guys can squeeze out of this particular rifle, especially when you stretch the range out a bit. I'd love to see that data set along side a .308 semi , if you have one in inventory between the two of you (which, somehow, I am sure you do).
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 07-17-19 at 00:28.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I hope we can get back out in a few weeks. The weather is too hot, and Pappabear is healing up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    6.5 in an 18" barrel makes me cringe a bit... But even when you lose ~100 (or more!) FPS, the 6.5 round really still performs. Even out at 1000m, you're only looking at a little over 1 mil elevation and under a half mil of windage in 10 mph full value cross winds. Even when seeking to optimize the barrel length, the reality is that the external ballistics on secant ogive 6.5 projectiles are just... good.

I am really very interested in seeing what you guys can squeeze out of this particular rifle, especially when you stretch the range out a bit. I'd love to see that data set along side a .308 semi , if you have one in inventory between the two of you (which, somehow, I am sure you do).
    We can swing that I have a 16 inch LMT MWS in 308, and the 6.5 in both 18 inch and 20 inch (20 being MWS). Might have to do full scale trial. But need to toss a NF on the Colt for a day.

And just like many folks would argue its stupid to have a 16 inch gas gun in 308, but it works.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-17-19 at 21:10.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6.5 creedmoor has a different pressure curve and likes to pierce primers in AR-10's just make sure the gun your getting in 6.5 has a high pressure bolt. I just finally threw in the towel on mine and ordered a JP high pressure bolt because I was tired of that issue.
    Last edited by Kansaswoodguy; 07-18-19 at 22:18. Reason: Grammer

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Which gun and gas system?

Quote Originally Posted by Kansaswoodguy View Post
    6.5 creedmoor has a different pressure curve and likes to pierce primers in AR-10's just make sure the gun your getting in 6.5 has a high pressure bolt. I just finally threw in the towel on mine and ordered a JP high pressure bolt because I was tired of that issue.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I hope we can get back out in a few weeks. The weather is too hot
    That's no MFing joke! I looked at my round count books and always seen a YUGE drop off to nearly nothing from late May through mid-Sept. Only time I really go is to do something specific like zero a new scope, then I'm there for the minimum time required. Handgun practice moves to the indoor range.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast