Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: aimpoint t1 vs t2 - glass quality

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    That's what I'm saying . Some great deals to be had on used t1s
    Why get a great deal on a T1 when you can get a great deal on a T2?

Check out AR15 safe space. Log in and add a T2-2 into your cart and price drops to $615, H2 drops to $499.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Why get a great deal on a T1 when you can get a great deal on a T2?

Check out AR15 safe space. Log in and add a T2-2 into your cart and price drops to $615, H2 drops to $499.
    Got a t1 2moa with larue lt660 mount for $455 shipped

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    Got a t1 2moa with larue lt660 mount for $455 shipped
    Think that is about what I picked mine up for too. You like the lt660? I swapped mine out for the lt751. I mostly swapped it because I am running a g33 and it lines up better with the lt751.

I really want to look through the T2 to see if it helps with my astigmatism. T1 looks kind of like a line to me.

Back to build on OP questions, does anyone know if the T2 glass helps folks with astigmatisms?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Think that is about what I picked mine up for too. You like the lt660? I swapped mine out for the lt751. I mostly swapped it because I am running a g33 and it lines up better with the lt751.

I really want to look through the T2 to see if it helps with my astigmatism. T1 looks kind of like a line to me.

Back to build on OP questions, does anyone know if the T2 glass helps folks with astigmatisms?
    There is a noticeable difference b/t the two in that regard. The T-2 is not gonna be crisp as if you didn't have an astigmatism, however it's much crisper to my eyes with astigmatisms than my T-1s.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    There is a noticeable difference b/t the two in that regard. The T-2 is not gonna be crisp as if you didn't have an astigmatism, however it's much crisper to my eyes with astigmatisms than my T-1s.
    Well, there might be another good buy on a T1 in the EE soon then.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Every astigmatism is different, but my T2 is crystal clear. If I focus on the dot I can see it’s a SLIGHT comma, but not bad enough to notice unless I’m specifically looking for it. I haven’t looked through a T1, but I have looked through a Meprolight Tru-Dot (the non mil version), Aimpoint PRO, Trijicon MRO, and a Bushnell TRS-25. The Meprolight is a dot that starbursts at higher brightness, the PRO was a horrible comma, the MRO was a slight apostrophe (but very usable), and the TRS-25 was every bit as good if not better than my T2 in terms of dot clarity. Go figure.

In terms of blueness, I don’t remember the PRO, but the Tru Dot and T2 are noticeably more colorless than the others.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    If buying today I'd opt for a T2 over a T1 for all the reasons already stated. Unless you find a T1 for some ridiculous low price or someone is giving it away...

To be quite honest the Holosun 503GU is more clear that my old T1s (I no longer have any T1s or H1s) and is very close to my T2 in clarity. I can't speak for all the micro RDS in their line-up, but you're getting a clearer dot + the option to switch to a circle dot reticle. For some reason the Holosun dot is more defined (no comet or starburst effect) than my old T1. My aging eyes do suffer a bit from minor astigmatism but I'm having no problems with the T2 dot or Holosun dot/circle dot.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Less blue tint
    Slightly less star bursty from astigmatism
    Less parallax
    Better under a magnifier if that matters to you

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Just got a T2. I wanted to try it after reading multiple people say it works better if you an astigmatism, and I'm impressed. It is almost a perfect dot for me, no RDS has been this crisp.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Just got a T2. I wanted to try it after reading multiple people say it works better if you an astigmatism, and I'm impressed. It is almost a perfect dot for me, no RDS has been this crisp.
    Do you have a Comp M4 for comparison, by chance?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast