Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA GF3 AK-47 review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    They need to skip 5.45 altogether.

After owning dozens of AK's over the years, I've come to the conclusion that AK's should just stick to being in 7.62x39.
    While currently owning a dozen AKs, except for historical relevance, I'd take an AK74 any time. Much nicer shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    It looks like PSA *might* be on their way to being the first manufacturer with a 100% US made AK that is capable of long term heavy use. They seem to be using the right materials, machining process etc on the GF3s. Their assembly and QC still needs a lot of work, both on the AR and AK side.

Even though I'm a bit soured on PSA from a few bad experiences, I root for PSA to get their assembly and QC in order. I just might pick one of these GF3s up later.
    I really hope this becomes true. I've put off buying an AK for so long because I'm not confident in the quality of anything in my price range for an AK. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it seems PSA is really close.

Interesting to hear you've had bad experience with PSA though. For ARs, at least, I've had no issues myself and haven't seen too many other complaints. Maybe I've just been fortunate to avoid lemons.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM36 View Post
    I really hope this becomes true. I've put off buying an AK for so long because I'm not confident in the quality of anything in my price range for an AK. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it seems PSA is really close.

Interesting to hear you've had bad experience with PSA though. For ARs, at least, I've had no issues myself and haven't seen too many other complaints. Maybe I've just been fortunate to avoid lemons.
    My experience with PSA goes back many years. To make a long story short, I've never had a PSA product, whether it's a lower or upper, that wasn't out of spec somewhere. They ranged from still works to absolute soup sandwich. Not pointing fingers at you, but many of the people who say they've had PSA for years and had no problems are people who don't really shoot much. I don't really try to get people to not buy PSA, I figure it will either work for them or it won't and they're not out much and they learned a lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    My experience with PSA goes back many years. To make a long story short, I've never had a PSA product, whether it's a lower or upper, that wasn't out of spec somewhere. They ranged from still works to absolute soup sandwich. Not pointing fingers at you, but many of the people who say they've had PSA for years and had no problems are people who don't really shoot much. I don't really try to get people to not buy PSA, I figure it will either work for them or it won't and they're not out much and they learned a lesson.
    I shoot often, but you're probably right that I don't shoot my PSA ARs as much as my higher end rifles. Now that I think of it, I've probably only put a few thousand rounds through a PSA rifle at most.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12