Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300 BO sbr and suppressed help....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I suggest getting a very good suppressor and shoot 300BO supersonic. Put ears on your kids and use your can. And you will actually kill the hog vs pissing him off with a less than perfect shot.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you want to pick off a single hog or just 1 out of a sounder subs are fine as long as you can get in close enough to MPBR. Are you using thermal? If so I think you will get frustrated b/c about teh time you come up on a sounder of 20 and you are relying on head/neck shots you are gonna say 'ummm no'. Especially once the 'gun goes off' and the track meet starts then you are leading your shots etc. There is no question subs with a can are a lot of fun. If you are sitting in a tree over bait and are happy with 1 they will work great I have passed a lot of long boring sits in the trees knocking critters over with subs. Average shot at a hog is 50 yards I've stalked in to 10 paces many times on a single.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 06-20-19 at 14:12.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Do not use subsonic 300BO for hunting. You know what’s more traumatizing for a child or new hunter than the crack of a loud round? Having to pump 20 more into a wounded animal as it tries to get away screaming.
    This. Get yourself in a position to make a safe, quick, clean, kill. Worry about everything else after that. IMHO, .300 Blackout subsonic doesn't do that for you.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    This. Get yourself in a position to make a safe, quick, clean, kill. Worry about everything else after that. IMHO, .300 Blackout subsonic doesn't do that for you.
    It does if you use the right ammo. Discreet Ballistics is wicked subsonic ammo.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It does if you use the right ammo. Discreet Ballistics is wicked subsonic ammo.
    It could also be argued that it does if you're shooting at the proper range, like you would do as (mentioned) a bow hunter. As a rule though, I think there are better options then 300 BO subsonic for hunting, suppressed or not.

On a side note, thanks for the tip on Discreet Ballistics. I have an Omega 300 that should be released from jail soon, and is destin for my 9" .300 pistol, so I'll be shopping for some good subs very soon myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    It could also be argued that it does if you're shooting at the proper range, like you would do as (mentioned) a bow hunter. As a rule though, I think there are better options then 300 BO subsonic for hunting, suppressed or not.

On a side note, thanks for the tip on Discreet Ballistics. I have an Omega 300 that should be released from jail soon, and is destin for my 9" .300 pistol, so I'll be shopping for some good subs very soon myself.
    Before you shoot Discreet, or any other load, through the can, be sure to run some without the can to make sure you have stability. I tried the Discreet loads when they first came out and they all key-holed through several of my 300blk guns. And these are all 1:7 twist that should stabilize anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12