Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How I AIWB?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyviking View Post
    I fail to understand why anyone trying to carry a handgun concealed would tack more junk onto it to make it twice as bulky - and then complain how uncomfortable or inconvenient it is. I have to question why anyone who is carrying a concealed handgun for self-defense "needs" a light mounted on it. What's it for? If you have enough ambient light to identify a threat, you do not need a light mounted on your handgun to engage it. If you need light to navigate your way, a small EDC flashlight is the ticket and indeed, that flashlight will scatter most cockroaches. You are not going to navigate your way through a dark alley, parking lot, or garage with your weapon-mounted light unless you are a moron looking for your jail cell. Weapon-mounted lights have their niche: On carbines and shotguns (one only has so many hands) and, while they should be mounted on pistols worn by uniformed duty personnel, they are just auxiliary lights and everyone should be carrying a hand-held light (w/a backup light) for general use. YMMV, but it seems a whole lot of people actually believe the latest marketing hype. Mae West said it best to Cary Grant in the movie, "She Done Him Wrong": "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"
    Congratulations, you have figured out what a WML is not used for.

I hope, by reason of deduction, you're smart enough to figure out what it is used for. I suspect you posted first and thought second (if at all).

Also: I can comfortably conceal a pistol with a WML at 3-4 o'clock either IWB or OWB - and I can do so without the WML, too. Hence the thread being about AIWB.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have to add the Tenicor Velo 4 (with Glock 17) to the list of holster/gun combinations I have attempted to carry AIWB without success.

(The Staccato and JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 is still the best combination I've found for me. However, the mid-cut sweat guard and thumb safety on the Staccato aren't always super comfortable on the gut, and an LGS had a Gen5 G17 with forward cocking serrations, so I figured I'd give it a try. Guess I'll have to get another JMCK.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234