Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How I AIWB?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I have an Eidolon (one of the January 2015 pre-release holsters).

I had a CNC Keroman.

I have a Dale Fricke.

I have an Incog.

I have a Keeper.

I have a ripoff of a Wilderness Instructor belt (I had an actual Wilderness, I don't know where it went, but I have a 5.11 clone).

I have an Ares Aegis.

I have a Mean Gene Aegis.

I have a Magpul Tejas el Original.

I have a Milt Sparks leather belt.

I have tried a Glock 43, a Glock 19, an Agency Roland Special (Agency tricked out G19 with comp, X300, RMR), an Agency Fauxland Special (Agency tricked out G17 with short comp, RMR, with and without X300), and most recently a Beretta 92G Elite LTT.

I have read almost everything I can on the subject. I've watched videos of skinny dudes and fat dudes explaining how they make AIWB work for them.

So far, I've been able to get it comfortable. Or concealed. Or neither. But not both. It's frustrating.

Any advice? Or should I just accept that AIWB won't work for me and truck on with my behind the hip OWB/IWB ways?
    Love this... I feel same, just can't be happy with it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I've been carrying behind the hip for over a decade, now.

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of holsters that I can buy now and carry my STI now that would allow me to carry there with at least an RMR on it, if not also the X300U.
    Like several others here, I've been AIWB for several years and have it to where it is tolerable, but far from comfortable. Have been considering IWB behind the hip. How far back do you carry it? Just behind the hip or more like over the pocket? Tried a Galco King Tuck at 3:00 position before AIWB and didn't like it at all, but think over the pocket riding higher might be ok? I'd appreciate your thoughts..

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoliat View Post
    Like several others here, I've been AIWB for several years and have it to where it is tolerable, but far from comfortable. Have been considering IWB behind the hip. How far back do you carry it? Just behind the hip or more like over the pocket? Tried a Galco King Tuck at 3:00 position before AIWB and didn't like it at all, but think over the pocket riding higher might be ok? I'd appreciate your thoughts..
    Just behind the hip. About 3:30-ish.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AIWB carry isn't for everyone. It's comfortable for me, even with a G34 and X300U, but I don't expect everyone to do it.

I've carried everything from a J-Frame to a Glock 17L. Holster design is important. Ride height is important. Positioning is important.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    For concealment you need better pelvic contact. I wear my Tenicor gen4 Velo around the 1 o'clock position with my G19 and it allows all range of movement. My holster sits right on my pelvis near my hip crease basically to the right of my junk. I conceal my G19 better than my G43 for the reason the G19 has a longer holster and has better pelvic contact to keep the gun straight and then the camming bar pushes the grip in. The Tenicor holster also has the body contour in the back which aids in keeping the holster against your pelvis. It's taken me years to find a configuration that works and at 1 o'clock with the velo holster it's about as perfect as I can get it. The holster clips go on either side of the first belt loop to give you an idea, on most pants.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Tried a light bearing Blackpoint Dual Point. Didn't work: The metal clip it came with constantly slipped off my belt, regardless of which belt I used. And the little screws intended to mount the side-saddle magazine pouch thing means that the not-a-WingMod doesn't do a very good job of tucking the butt of the pistol into my gut.

Most recently I got a JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 - and it's actually comfortable and concealable. At the cost of not allowing me to have an X300U on my gun.

I have an LAS Saya 2.0 coming for pistol with WML, so we'll see how that goes whenever it shows up.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I am really, really liking the Tenicor Malus Sol. Completely hides my RMR'ed G19 w/X300U. The DCC clips over my Mean Gene belt is a rock solid setup. Complete PITA to don/doff though compared to my older JM Wing Claw 2.5 w/ PTD loops.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Sadly, Tenicor does not make any holsters for Staccatos.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I fail to understand why anyone trying to carry a handgun concealed would tack more junk onto it to make it twice as bulky - and then complain how uncomfortable or inconvenient it is. I have to question why anyone who is carrying a concealed handgun for self-defense "needs" a light mounted on it. What's it for? If you have enough ambient light to identify a threat, you do not need a light mounted on your handgun to engage it. If you need light to navigate your way, a small EDC flashlight is the ticket and indeed, that flashlight will scatter most cockroaches. You are not going to navigate your way through a dark alley, parking lot, or garage with your weapon-mounted light unless you are a moron looking for your jail cell. Weapon-mounted lights have their niche: On carbines and shotguns (one only has so many hands) and, while they should be mounted on pistols worn by uniformed duty personnel, they are just auxiliary lights and everyone should be carrying a hand-held light (w/a backup light) for general use. YMMV, but it seems a whole lot of people actually believe the latest marketing hype. Mae West said it best to Cary Grant in the movie, "She Done Him Wrong": "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyviking View Post
    I fail to understand why anyone trying to carry a handgun concealed would tack more junk onto it to make it twice as bulky - and then complain how uncomfortable or inconvenient it is. I have to question why anyone who is carrying a concealed handgun for self-defense "needs" a light mounted on it. What's it for? If you have enough ambient light to identify a threat, you do not need a light mounted on your handgun to engage it. If you need light to navigate your way, a small EDC flashlight is the ticket and indeed, that flashlight will scatter most cockroaches. You are not going to navigate your way through a dark alley, parking lot, or garage with your weapon-mounted light unless you are a moron looking for your jail cell. Weapon-mounted lights have their niche: On carbines and shotguns (one only has so many hands) and, while they should be mounted on pistols worn by uniformed duty personnel, they are just auxiliary lights and everyone should be carrying a hand-held light (w/a backup light) for general use. YMMV, but it seems a whole lot of people actually believe the latest marketing hype. Mae West said it best to Cary Grant in the movie, "She Done Him Wrong": "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"
    That's a very dated and out of touch position to have. Take some force on force.
    Worry less, Train more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast