Thread: Is this aimpoint t1 a fake?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Is this aimpoint t1 a fake?

I have 2 aimpoints I bought from a legit vendor see on the right. The one I bought used is on the left. First thing I noticed is the adjustment knobs are different. Like a different metal. The aimpoint lettering is different and hard to tell from the photo but the white lettering is different as well, it's not as bold. It's more faint. And the knob to turn brightness of the red dot is real easy to move, much more so than my other aimpoints. This could be from ware/use but I don't think so
    https://imgur.com/a/khwNZu5

https://m.imgur.com/a/DMXTg5u
    https://imgur.com/a/VYEGf3F
    Last edited by snackgunner; 06-10-19 at 20:54.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Check with Aimpoint with serial numbers. Also, check to see how the light titrates up as you increase illumination. Then next time if you want a cheap good optic, buy a Sig Romeo5 T2 knockoff.

Best of luck amigo.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Check with Aimpoint with serial numbers. Also, check to see how the light titrates up as you increase illumination. Then next time if you want a cheap good optic, buy a Sig Romeo5 T2 knockoff.

Best of luck amigo.

PB
    I sent a email to aimpoint w pics and serial number earlier will wait to see why they say

But a buddy just mentioned for me to check the night vision settings on it and I did. And the dot works w nv so I'm guessing the sight is legit

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    I sent a email to aimpoint w pics and serial number earlier will wait to see why they say

But a buddy just mentioned for me to check the night vision settings on it and I did. And the dot works w nv so I'm guessing the sight is legit
    That does make good sense.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You can just call them if you want - (877) 246-7646. They do checks like this everyday.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    You can just call them if you want - (877) 246-7646. They do checks like this everyday.
    Thanks monk

They said march 2014 date