Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA 300blk upper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PSA 300blk upper

I’m sure it’s been asked a bunch but how are the newer PSA complete 300blk uppers? I’m thinking of picking one up and I’ve heard nothing but good things but want to make sure. For $250 with a BCG and CH it’s tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Reading extensively about PSA complete uppers I’ve noted that many owners have complained about the rail systems being loose and/or canted out of the box. Further, once the rails have been sorted out, the rails seem to loosen easily and repeatedly after very low round counts. Personally, I’d pass.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    At that price point you have to wonder where the parts came from.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Our sample of one complete upper, 16"midlength in 5.56, ("classic" style) has run fine so far, and is surprisingly accurate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    At that price point you have to wonder where the parts came from.
    Smith shields run under 250.00 there all the time, wonder where the parts come from?

When you look at the AR and modern manufacturing, pretty much everything in the upper, minus the barrel, is a comparatively easy CNC process.

I didn't bother to look up the specifics on the upper, but I'd bet you 1) aren't getting a C-158 bolt, and 2) aren't getting a chrome-lined barrel. Probably not going to be a difference for most average shooters.

Take all that and a business model that stresses low prices and sales quantity and you can get prices like that.

What do think that ToolCraft, for example, has in a BCG? IDK. Some vendor or another always has ToolCraft C-158 BCG's for somewhere between $89 and $100, and that is with them taking their slice of profit out of the price.

Plus, the gun business is pretty flat right now, so folks are cutting deep to get sales.

Notice, at no time did I say PSA was top quality. But, IMO, PSA is acceptable quality for the AVERAGE user, and with massaging, perfectly adequate for hard use.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-11-19 at 10:37.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is the one I was looking at. It claims it’s a Toolcraft BCG.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ib-bcg-ch.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want a 7.5" 300 Blackout - buy it.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-11-19 at 10:42.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Way I look at it, you buy somethin' cheap, a part ain't right, replace the part.

Like a good friend once told me: ARs are like lego sets for adults.

Very true.

The bolt that came with our upper, as well as the other PSA BCG in my SPR, is listed as a C-158.

A little over 200 rnds through that upper, 750ish through the SPR, nothin's broke yet, never yet seen either have a malfunction.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdknox View Post
    I’m sure it’s been asked a bunch but how are the newer PSA complete 300blk uppers? I’m thinking of picking one up and I’ve heard nothing but good things but want to make sure. For $250 with a BCG and CH it’s tough to beat.

You will find more problems posted with PSA than with any other several companies put together. Parts being out of spec, and improper assembly are the usual complaints, followed by problems with customer service for defective items.

If your sole goal is to get a 300BLK upper as cheap as possible, I don't think you will find a lower price. Most people don't shoot 300BLK all that much anyway due to its pricing.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll have to keep researching. My other AR’s are Daniel Defense and Midwest Industries rifles so I’m used to a certain quality level. I was mainly looking as a cheap way to get into the round to play around with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast