Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen2 PMag - 4ft Drop; Cracked - Also Magpul Cust. Service Thumbs Up

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Gen2 PMag - 4ft Drop; Cracked - Also Magpul Cust. Service Thumbs Up

I figured I would post this simply as a data point as well as a reminder to keep plenty of spare mags around.

Last night I was moving some stuff in my gun closet and I dropped a two week old Gen 2 PMag 30 loaded with 30 rounds from about 4 feet high. It landed on my hardwood floor and a handful of rounds shot out. When I picked it up I saw that the spine had cracked and the remaining rounds were working their way out. The mag was trashed.

I called Magpul today and they are sending me out a new one - no questions asked. They didn't even want the broken one sent to them.

I've never had a PMag fail and I was pretty surprised at how easily it happened. I'm curious exactly how it landed, and I wonder how a GI mag would fare in the same situation. Regardless - it's a good reminder to keep spares ready to go.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd have to leave the remaining rounds in, take it to the range, and test fire it to see if it was still functional. I bet it would still feed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd have to leave the remaining rounds in, take it to the range, and test fire it to see if it was still functional. I bet it would still feed.
    I have no doubt that would still work.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Weren’t the M3s better at handling this sort of failure.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What good does replacement and or customer service do for you if they break while you are being ****ed between a rock and a hard spot? NONE! Customer service is part of marketing. Marketing is why Magpul is where they are today. Maybe they will respond with the number of warranty claims they have serviced to date but i doubt they will.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What good does replacement and or customer service do for you if they break while you are being ****ed between a rock and a hard spot? NONE! Customer service is part of marketing. Marketing is why Magpul is where they are today. Maybe they will respond with the number of warranty claims they have serviced to date but i doubt they will.
    You sound cranky.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah it kind of freaked me out. Just an easy four foot fall onto real hardwood flooring. It wouldn't have bothered my Glock mags a bit.

Come to think of it I may have dropped a loaded Okay mag the same way in the past and my only concern was the scratch on the floor.

I can't take away from the customer service though. Phone call took less than a minute and sounded like something they do constantly.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Newsflash - if you drop something, it CAN break.

Sure, most quality stuff WONT break. But it can, depending on height, weight, force, angle, etc.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why are Boomers like this?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast