Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Not remotely triggered homie, just interesting to see the forum start to devolve to TOS level.

Cheap parts, shoddy assembly, it's all par or the course.

Enjoy your build man, maybe get a case of ammo and let us know how it shoots..?
    I understand you took a look at the flash hider that isnt even torqued down and is on there temporary to protect the muzzle and thread but I can gurentee you,there ain't no shoddy assembly going on here..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My list only includes the upper. No sights. No lower. No “brace”. By your own admission over half of the parts he used to assemble that are questionable (barrel, BCG, gas block)

But more importantly the parts I suggested are proven, are parts I have personally vetted, and function well in unison. The $1,030 in parts is worth significantly more when pieced together. I won’t recommend something I haven’t used.

Maybe I’m different. I want parts that have been around for a while that someone else has beta tested - If a new company wants me to try their shit out they can give me the part for free and pay me for my time.

I know I’m just a hobby grade user but when I drive 3 hours to spend a weekend in the swamp and some shit fails (pins walk out, rifle jams when dirty, accuracy issues, etc) I get really ****ing angry. Fortunately, that never happens. (See second paragraph)
    I'm also a hobby grade user and mainly shoot paper targets and steel lol..maybe an old refrigerator or old window Ac unit lol..

Speaking of swamps,my elcheapo Areo does well in the swamps and Is the main one I take to our camp.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sionics and BCM (DD too) sell factory rifles and pistols. What's the advantage of assembling all these random parts and hoping they work well?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    I understand you took a look at the flash hider that isnt even torqued down and is on there temporary to protect the muzzle and thread but I can gurentee you,there ain't no shoddy assembly going on here..

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

The flash hider is also upside down...

The post about people recommending Anderson and BCA did not happen here. I’ve never seen anything bad about PWS, but they’re just not that popular from what I know, so they’re relatively unproven in some people’s minds. The bigger criticism focuses around the parts that actually matter - barrel, BCG, and gas block, just as a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    The nordic barrel seems extremely nice..no machining or tooling marks,the rifling looks very very nice aswell(I dont have a picture of it) comparing it to the barrels I do have like the BCA,B.A,faxon and a spikes barrel..the nordic looks to be made very nicely..its a 1/7 twist carbine length..the only problem which wasn't a big deal was it didn't have the dimples for the gasblock screws which was resolved by bringing it to my friends machine shop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The flash hider is also upside down...

The post about people recommending Anderson and BCA did not happen here. I’ve never seen anything bad about PWS, but they’re just not that popular from what I know, so they’re relatively unproven in some people’s minds. The bigger criticism focuses around the parts that actually matter - barrel, BCG, and gas block, just as a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand but I'm not a frequent fourm user and when I did use to get on forums and ask for advice,people would start recommending PSA and Anderson..I figured I'll nip it in the bud and post about me having "no budget for this build"..

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I mentioned I have no budget because the last time I asked for advice on a build,every post people where recommending BCA barrels,Psa uppers,Anderson lowers etc.. I already have PSA builds and budget builds..I figured if I would post "I have no budget" people would start recommending more nicer parts.
    I’d bet these recommendations did not happen here.

This was the only reason I said I dont have no budget and honestly I dont..I run 3 business and I work 6-7 days a week 12-14hour days and I wanted to treat my myself to something nice..is there anything wrong with that?.
    No one cares about what you do. That’s not an insult. I’m saying the people responding are not making recommendations based on your income. Here, people really only care about your gun and how you run it. The criticism I’ve seen is about some questionable components and confusion about why you didn’t just buy a factory upper/lower that had everything you wanted.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’d bet these recommendations did not happen here.

No one cares about what you do. That’s not an insult. I’m saying the people responding are not making recommendations based on your income. Here, people really only care about your gun and how you run it. The criticism I’ve seen is about some questionable components and confusion about why you didn’t just buy a factory upper/lower that had everything you wanted.
    Aside From my build being called a dumpster level Ar15 build using cheap parts without any proof..you've must of missed that part.

As for not just buying a factory built ar15,theres a few reasons.1 of them being I wanted a DI ar15,but I liked the PWS ambi lower and there Upper.Unfortunately PWS doesnt make DI guns and there sister company Bootleg inc didnt have any 11.5 pistols forsale..so I built my own..

once again thanks to the people who actually offered help...
    I like how my Ar pistol came out,feels good,looks good and now it's time for the most important part,the function..its raining out here in lousiana so I'll have to wait for another day to go shooting.

Feedback Score
    You know what,I just read a few other threads on here and alooooooottt of the replys seem to be negative..I'm getting a feeling that this is a Boomer/fudd fourm..

Guy posts up a strikes industries rail and most of the comments are "why would u need that" or "what purpose does it serve"..

Deff a boomer/fudd fourm(I dont mean that as INSULT) .

Or I can be wrong and this fourm is mainly made up of Navy seals,rangers and Delta force members..

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast