Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    You can find a some in the massive picture thread that is stickied at the top, and you can also find quite a fire (with more detail) in the Custom Build subforum.
    I’m not sending any hate your way for wanting a cool ambidextrous lower. I went with a stripped LMT MARS-L lower myself. I don’t have a thread, because I dropped a complete upper (Colt CCU) on it, so it doesn’t really count as a build. And, I don’t count myself as amongst the more experienced members, whose builds I do enjoy learning from.
    Just did a little browsing

Colt,noveske and kac ..

And a shit ton of attachments thatll I'll probably never use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post

Colt,noveske and kac ..

Did you take a look at the “Custom Build” thread? The custom build thread is exactly what it says it is, a thread for showing AND explaining your custom built AR. M if you haven’t you should check that out. The AR Picture thread can have and does have custom builds, but if you want to see what we do that is aligned with the component build that you did, you want to go to the custom build thread. I assure you it’s not only filled with Colt, Noveske, and KAC.

Here a link that should have pics to the first build I did, and my 308 custom build. Before sending this I realized a booboo I made in posting my 11.5 SOLGW build but will ask the mods to fix that.

Also not everyone follows the guidelines. The Custom Build thread is for a) Complete rifles and b) rifles build completely by the user. As it says in the instructions thread, bolting an assembled upper to a lower doesn’t constitute a “custom build”. But some guys do it right. They list the parts and WHY they chose those parts and what the intent or purpose of the custom build is.

My very first build

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...My-first-build

My 308 Precision build

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...irst-308-build

In fact of all the builds I’ve don’t, none are Colt or KAC rifled. I do have one Noveske build, but that was from stripped upper and lower to a complete rifle (-) Noveske rail and BUIS.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 07-22-19 at 12:19. Reason: Clarified sentences; corrected spelling.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)

Colt,noveske and kac ..

Bottom line is that the forum really hasn't traditionally been about "toy" guns. There's plenty of trash dump shooter forums out there and much fewer resources for more "serious" users. When it stops being that way, I'll stop coming. That said, I'd like a review on the barrel if you have the time. I wouldn't personally spend my money on it but you already did so you might as well make yourself useful.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 07-22-19 at 11:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I've been very suspicious of lightening cuts, I think you just confirmed my suspicions.
    I just don’t see the need in them either. I understand guys who are seeking the lightest build possible, or 3-gunners. I get that and while I can get it - it’s definitely not me or my “AR build philosophy” If they weren’t so expensive, I would run Vltor MUR-1A uppers on every single one of my rifles.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    The custom build thread is exactly what it says it is. A “Custom” build thread. Did you check that? The AR Picture thread can have and does have custom builds, but if you want to see what we do that is aligned with the component build that you did, you want to go to the custom build thread. I assure you it’s not only filled with Colt, Noveske, and KAC.

Here a link that should have pics to the first build I did, and my 308 custom build. Before sending this I realized a booboo I made in posting my 11.5 SOLGW build but will ask the mods to fix that.

Also not everyone follows the guidelines. The Custom Build thread is for a) Complete rifles and b) rifles build completely by the user. As it says in the instructions thread, bolting an assembled upper to a lower doesn’t constitute a “custom build”. It some guys do it right. The list the parts and WHY they chose those parts and what the intent or purpose of the custom build is.

My very first build

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...My-first-build

My 308 Precision build

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...irst-308-build

In fact of all the builds I’ve don’t, none are Colt or KAC rifled. I do have one Noveske build, but that was from stripped upper and lower to a complete rifle (-) Noveske rail and BUIS.
    Dang I wish the links would open. Im using the taptalk App and it's not letting me open the links u posted..once I get home and get on my laptop,I'll check them out.

Last edited by moe2401; 07-22-19 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Bottom line is that the forum really hasn't traditionally been about "toy" guns. There's plenty of trash dump shooter forums out there and much fewer resources for more "serious" users. When it stops being that way, I'll stop coming. That said, I'd like a review on the barrel if you have the time. I wouldn't personally spend my money on it but you already did so you might as well make yourself useful.
    Well now that u mentioned it,this is all this build is.its just a "toy" gun..I'm not looking to take over the government with it and if it lasts me 2000rds with no issues then I'm good..
    I'm more of a bullpup kind of guy,I have more trigger time behind bullpups that I do ar15s (tavors and ps90s)..

Feedback Score
    But when I'm serious about a "Real" ar15 build,then I'll come back and see what you guys are running.and I'll take notes.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Well now that u mentioned it,this is all this build is.its just a "toy" gun..I'm not looking to take over the government with it and if it lasts me 2000rds with no issues then I'm good..
    I'm more of a bullpup kind of guy,I have more trigger time behind bullpups that I do ar15s (tavors and ps90s)..

2000 rounds is one weekend at RobertTheTexan’s place!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Dang I wish the links would open. Im using the taptalk App and it's not letting me open the links u posted..once I get home and get on my laptop,I'll check them out.

Hopefully this helps.

So I just read through my first build post. Boy have I learned a lot since then. Saw a few things I should probably change, but I was trying to do my first custom build post justice. I think it may have been me 2 post on this forum. Lol

My first build
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

DMR: My first 308 build

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t

Also just one last little comment. There are probably guys on TOS who have assembled over 20 AR’s who could show one of their AR’s here and get drug through the street on their AR. That’s because there is a difference between assembling an AR and buildingan AR. Building an AR involves identifying a specific purpose for that build and knowing how those parts will work together before you ever buy a single part. That’s the gap. Guys just look for a trigger. They look for a barrel. They look for a stock. What’s on sale? Who has this they want to get rid of. Do I buy stuff on sale or from my buds? Of course I do, but only for surplus part or if it fits the purpose of my rifle. I don’t force a part to fit the purpose because I can get it on the cheap. It’s about buying the parts that work in harmony with each other to meet that purpose. Without a doubt there are people who will disagree with me - on here, particularly people who prefer to buy a complete gun and don’t like “home built/garage built /Frankenstein-guns”. But this forum has always had builders - experienced combat veteran builders and I believe it always will. But I know what I know. Assembling is not building.
    So when we see an AR build, most of us are considering the purpose of it. What parts were selected or used that works towards that purpose. Is it a CQB rifle? Is it a Precision rifle? A ELR rifle? Or maybe it’s a truck gun, maybe it’s a PDW. Either way each of those rifles can and will have different parts that when built produces a reliable, trustworthy, fully functional WEAPON that’s ready to take care of business. There will likely be opinions on this and that. “You selected a 3.5LB CMC trigger, you should consider a 5.5LB trigger because I think 3.5LB trigger is too light for a fighting gun.”

That specific criticism was given to e and after some thought I took it to heart.
    I’m passing this along to you because I observed through what you’ve said and two of your AR’s that particular “build mentality and thought process” isn’t exactly connecting and firing on all cylinders. That’s probably the biggest difference in what I and my bros from M4C do vs what I typically see in other forums and often with new guys here.

My point is this is a forum with professional gunfighters and also guys who have been building or buying fighting guns for a helluva lot longer than I have and yes we have “hobby shooters” what gun forum doesn’t? Opinions are oft strong, but speaking frankly this isn’t a forum for p*ssies. We are all grown men, who take the business of owning and shooting our weapons, especially our AR’s very seriously. Anyone who isn’t likeminded should probably continue to lurk or find somewhere else to post their drivel.

I hope this helps you understand M4C and I hope above all I have done it justice.

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 07-22-19 at 13:35. Reason: Changed surprise to surplus. Autocorrect bullshit
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Robert - I don't really disagree with anything you've posted, ever, but, in this case, I think if you step back and look at the reality of things 98% of the folks on this forum are 'hobby shooters' in that they don't get paid to shoot.

Some folks are more serious about it than others, but unless you are being paid/earning a living from shooting you are, by definition, a hobby/sport shooter.

I only bring this point up because, in many cases I think forum members in general try to build up the image of the forum they frequent as being THE forum to boost their own self-esteem. Not saying you Robert, but look at some of the drop-in in drive-by posts some of the regular's post.

Are they trying to help, or build their ego at the expense of someone else?

Which of the folks you think of as 'professional gunfighters' have taken the time to respond to posts in detail, as you OFTEN do, explaining nuances, trying to set folks straight? There are a few, but far more are of the 'you suck, I don't' variety.

BTW - I think you've done M4C just fine.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast