Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The Geissele works if you remove the tabs. Geissele will work on billet uppers that are milspec where the tabs meet (eg CMT).

It’s more a matter of which rails don’t work than which ones do. Quality rails 10.5-11 inch, Noveske, SLR, BCM, Hodge, KAC, Centurion (if you remove tabs), Griffin.
    Thank u

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    KAC URX4
    That kac urx4 looks like a nice rail..I'll keep that one in mind,I want to see what else options that are out there..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    And I'll add an Oh my! Sounds like how my long dead grandmother would react.
    Lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    Call me crazy but what about their rail? It uses the BCM barrel nut and is light and slim. I had one of their piclok rails and really liked it.
    I would have like to get one of there rails but they dont make the size I want.. I want a 10-10.5 inch rail.
    Bootleg only sells 9in then it jumps to I think 13inch.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have a picture of 11.5 ar15 with a 9inch handgaurd ?
    I looked at the ar15. picture thread and didnt see any.

Feedback Score
    I've decided this is the rail that I want..the Fde gessle rail..now on there website they clearly say their rails wont work with billit uppers BUT some people are saying they do fit billet uppers,all I would have to do is shave some material off of the anti-rotation tabs.

That's all I would need to do?just file a little material off the anti rotation tabs?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    It’s weird Geissele would say that. Billet is a material, not a spec. I have specifically used the MK8 with CMT and SanTan billet uppers.

Here’s a pic of the MK8. The tabs are beefy and would need to be removed entirely. Nothing else on the rail protrudes beyond the upper receiver.

Now, if you are set on the Geissele rail and if you want a sexy combo, get a Oregon Rifle Works new upper receiver designed to follow the contours of the rail (like the way Noveske uppers flow into the rail). You will have to call and ask about it. Then sell your Bootleg.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    It’s weird Geissele would say that. Billet is a material, not a spec. I have specifically used the MK8 with CMT and SanTan billet uppers.

Here’s a pic of the MK8. The tabs are beefy and would need to be removed entirely. Nothing else on the rail protrudes beyond the upper receiver.

Now, if you are set on the Geissele rail and if you want a sexy combo, get a Oregon Rifle Works new upper receiver designed to follow the contours of the rail (like the way Noveske uppers flow into the rail). You will have to call and ask about it. Then sell your Bootleg.

You know,that's what im going to do..this bootleg upper is becoming one big headache..non of the nice rails will fit it so im returning it and will get the upper that u posted...now I just have to make sure that upper mates good with the mk1 mod2 PWS lower i have..i will give the company a call and see .

Also like to add that Bootleg inc and PWS have been of no help at all...

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    You know,that's what im going to do..this bootleg upper is becoming one big headache..non of the nice rails will fit it so im returning it and will get the upper that u posted...now I just have to make sure that upper mates good with the mk1 mod2 PWS lower i have..i will give the company a call and see .

Also like to add that Bootleg inc and PWS have been of no help at all...

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    I recommend a regular forged upper and URX4.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    I just order a pws lower and a bootleg inc upper..I had plans on going with a GEISSELE 9.5" SUPER MODULAR RAIL MK14 M-LOK but then I heard that those rails wont work with billet uppers..
    This build will be a 11.3 or 11.5inch 223 pistol build and it's hard finding a 10inch or 10.5inch rail so I might just end up going with a 9inch rail..

What do u guys recommend as for handgaurds which ones are nice and will fit a bootleg inc upper?..

I have a few builds under my belt some fancy but alot of budget builds..as for this pistol build,I'm going all out and I dont really have a budget..I just want something nice to take to The range and plink but also I will make it my main pistol/sbr..

This is the upper and lower I've purchased.

That is a nice looking combo of receivers. Have you thought about using a Bootleg rail? The rails use the BCM lockup pattern to attach, and the one I have is rock solid and very nice. I have no use of their uppers or lowers, so the rail is the only part I can give feedback on.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast