Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    Nordic 11.5 inch carbine length barrel with a odinworks adjustable gasblock and I had a brownells lightweight BCG laying around...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    The receivers and rail are known quality and good foundation for a serious build.

I don’t know anything about Nordic barrels and can’t seem to find info on them. So that’s a legit criticism of the build if we don’t know the quality. I’d move away from adj gas block unless you shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed. I see adj gas blocks as novelties for game guns than for serious guns. A lightweight BCG is also considered inferior for a serious build.

Besides in spec parts and proper assembly, a quality barrel and full-auto BCG are most important. Spend some time searching “dwell time” around here and you’ll learn why.

Report back with a range report after a few hundred rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The receivers and rail are known quality and good foundation for a serious build.

I don’t know anything about Nordic barrels and can’t seem to find info on them. So that’s a legit criticism of the build if we don’t know the quality. I’d move away from adj gas block unless you shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed. I see adj gas blocks as novelties for game guns than for serious guns. A lightweight BCG is also considered inferior for a serious build.

Besides in spec parts and proper assembly, a quality barrel and full-auto BCG are most important. Spend some time searching “dwell time” around here and you’ll learn why.

Report back with a range report after a few hundred rounds.
    thanks I'll report back when I put a few 100 rounds thru it..as for the adjustable gasblock,I brought it from one of my buddies he had it laying around still new in the box so I offered him $30 for it and got it..dont think I'll be running a suppressor on it anytime soon unless I start the paperwork process now.

Last edited by moe2401; 07-20-19 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    About par for the course for someone running a dumpster level AR - love the attempts to put lipstick on a pig with the BCM rails, Troy sights...

I just don't get it.
    Hmmm... Attachment 58112
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Yea man I'm not sure what part of my post Triggered him LOL..also he said something about my troy sights which came off of my troy rifle and where in my parts bin for about a year before putting them on my current build..
    I guess hes a Bernie bro/Hillary Clinton supporter and from what I gathered Bernie bros and Hillary supporters can be ignorant and easily triggered ..who knows.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    Yea man I'm not sure what part of my post Triggered him LOL..also he said something about my troy sights which came off of my troy rifle and where in my parts bin for about a year before putting them on my current build..
    I guess hes a Bernie bro/Hillary Clinton supporter and from what I gathered Bernie bros and Hillary supporters can be ignorant and easily triggered ..who knows.

I think because you mentioned how you have no budget and yet your entire “pistol” still costs less than a quality optic, people are kind of wondering what your logic is and if you truly understand how expensive your build would be had you chosen quality parts.

For example, if I were building your upper I’d choose the following (depending on purpose);

VLTOR MUR Upper $180
    Noveske 10.5” barrel $375
    Geissele 9.5” Mk4 $300
    BCM BCG / CH $175

Total: $1,030 (using prices I’ve seen on sale, not even regular street or MSRP)

What’s that compare to your upper’s cost?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Not remotely triggered homie, just interesting to see the forum start to devolve to TOS level.

Cheap parts, shoddy assembly, it's all par or the course.

Enjoy your build man, maybe get a case of ammo and let us know how it shoots..?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I think because you mentioned how you have no budget and yet your entire “pistol” still costs less than a quality optic, people are kind of wondering what your logic is and if you truly understand how expensive your build would be had you chosen quality parts.

For example, if I were building your upper I’d choose the following (depending on purpose);

VLTOR MUR Upper $180
    Geissele 9.5” Mk4 $300
    BCM BCG / CH $175

I'm very confused where you guys are coming from. The guy is using about $1,500 worth of parts. PWS lower, PWS/Bootleg upper, BCM MCMR, SBA3 brace, Brownells lightweight BCG, Odinworks gas block (this and the BCG make little sense, but if the guy likes tinkering around, fine), Troy sights... the only component that's questionable in quality is the Nordic barrel. Nordic to be a fairly new player in town, so maybe the op can do a review for us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

VLTOR MUR Upper $180
    Geissele 9.5” Mk4 $300
    BCM BCG / CH $175

I mentioned I have no budget because the last time I asked for advice on a build,every post people where recommending BCA barrels,Psa uppers,Anderson lowers etc.. I already have PSA builds and budget builds..I figured if I would post "I have no budget" people would start recommending more nicer parts. This was the only reason I said I dont have no budget and honestly I dont..I run 3 business and I work 6-7 days a week 12-14hour days and I wanted to treat my myself to something nice..is there anything wrong with that?.

As for my pistol costing less than a quailty optic maybe you're right but also at the same time theres optics that cost more than a Scar17..

If you want to know what I have in my build so far.

PWS ambi lower=$200
    Bootleg upper= $150
    Bcm 10in handgaurd= $140
    Nodic barrel= $90 brand new got it from a friend. regular price $220
    Trojan adjustable trigger= $120
    Sba3 brace= $100
    Surefire muzzle break= $110
    Pws ratchet castle nut= $10

The rest of the parts came from previous builds that I keep in a container.
    And might be just temporarily.

Bcm Flash hider
    Troy backup sights
    Burris fastfire 3
    1x6 scope
    Strike ind latchless charging handle
    Strike ind forward grip

Is pws lowers and uppers considered trash?.
    The pws lower I received is very nice and the ambi controls are all in the right spot..

Last edited by moe2401; 07-21-19 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    I'm very confused where you guys are coming from. The guy is using about $1,500 worth of parts. PWS lower, PWS/Bootleg upper, BCM MCMR, SBA3 brace, Brownells lightweight BCG, Odinworks gas block (this and the BCG make little sense, but if the guy likes tinkering around, fine), Troy sights... the only component that's questionable in quality is the Nordic barrel. Nordic to be a fairly new player in town, so maybe the op can do a review for us.
    My list only includes the upper. No sights. No lower. No “brace”. By your own admission over half of the parts he used to assemble that are questionable (barrel, BCG, gas block)

But more importantly the parts I suggested are proven, are parts I have personally vetted, and function well in unison. The $1,030 in parts is worth significantly more when pieced together. I won’t recommend something I haven’t used.

Maybe I’m different. I want parts that have been around for a while that someone else has beta tested - If a new company wants me to try their shit out they can give me the part for free and pay me for my time.

I know I’m just a hobby grade user but when I drive 3 hours to spend a weekend in the swamp and some shit fails (pins walk out, rifle jams when dirty, accuracy issues, etc) I get really ****ing angry. Fortunately, that never happens. (See second paragraph)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    The bcg is something I just had laying around and the gasblock I got it for cheap from a friend..I also have a sharps BCG that I can swap out but as far as the gasblock and CMC gastube thatll be staying put for now because that BCM handgaurd is a Pain in the Ass to remove ..

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast