Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone has a bootleg inc Ar15 upper?what rail?bcm?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    To me Ar15s are a thing of beauty,I like them in all shapes and forms but it seems like a lot of you guys are stuck in your ways and an AR15 is only strictly for "operators" or "hunting"...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    First of all if you post up on any forum (just about any forum I suppose) you should be ready for positive comments and negative comments. M4carbine.net IS NOT the same kind of forum TOS is. I’m going to generalize now because it’s easier.

Generally speaking our mindset is different. Folks tend to be more fighting gun focused than Instagram gun focused. What that means is that skeletonized or weirdly milled uppers or lowers aren’t going to get a whole lotta love as ol’Led Z used to sing. Here’s a good example. I cannot remember the actual brand. but it was a solid $2500-$2800 AR-15 in .223 Wylde. All kinds of fancy. Fancy CNC cuts, weight reductions, shiny colors, the whole 9 yards. Dude got the rifle as a debt payment or something to that effect. It wasn’t any out of pocket at the moment expense. Dude posts pics up and asked “what should I do.” Now I was fairly new here but man I was like daaaaaaaaang, these M4C peeps HATE them some pretty AR’s! I know because I was one of the guys who said “sell that panty-waist POS and build you a real AR. What I mean by “real AR” is an AR constructed of quality parts. Now some here will tell you that only Colt makes “ye holy parts of thine AR” but I’m not in that camp. There are other quality manufacturers out there, but my build SOP says function over form. EVERY SINGLE TIME. The guy who taught me most about that world was the same way and so I am that way. Most people on this forum are that way. But not everyone. You had guys chime in with some positive comments and positive advice.

At the same time you justify every criticism you get. (Pretty much) no one has heard of Nordic or whatever it was barrel. Maybe instead of a visual inspection you can say “You know what? I don’t know shit about it either, but I’ll run the hell out of it and post up some range reports. Maybe they are a legit barrel manufacturer.”

But truth be told, as many times as I’ve read “I have no budget, money isn’t an option because I have 3 businesses.” If I were you, I’d buy me a LaRue 12” stealth barrel with a LaRue 11” MLok hand guard , slap a Nightforce NX8 on it and have one badass pistol, is the submit my Form 1 to SBR It.

I would buy an LMT Enhanced BCG and call it a day.

Oh and I’d definitely run a mom-adjustable GB. But that’s just me I have issues with adjustable gas blocks.

So yeah you have been kinda all over the map. You say one thing but then your actions kinda head down a different path.

You just gotta have some thick skin if you’re going to post pics and ask for advice. Don’t get your feelings hurt when someone says you have a dumpster AR. He’s entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. Yeah it was an asshole response but it did kinda make me laugh and I like the guy so he gets a pass.

Honestly you can tighten your shit up a bit. Dump the lightweight BCG and buy a quality one. IMO I don’t consider anyone who makes a T-Rex vampire lower receiver “quality” that’s just pure Instagram bullshit. I don’t care what it costs. Here is a nugget of truth for you. Put this on tor laptop screen or whatever and it will guys you well:

Big money doesn’t always mean fighting gun quality!!

Doesn’t have to be an LMT FA BCGalthough that’s my preference, you can also use a Toolcraft full auto BCG. LaRue makes a great 12” barrel, I owned it. Noveske does too, and I own one of those. Don’t want to spend that money, buy a Ballistic Advantage. Buy quality parts to build a quality AR.

I’ll beat the dead horse again, and say that if you’re gonna say you can “shoot the moon” and don’t have a budget, the shoot the damn moon, stop using crap none of us would use out of your junk/parts drawer and buy known quality parts. Save that whatever Nordic Cross barrel or WTF ever it’s called for a budget build because until it’s proven, IMO it’s budget.

Read all the responses and take what you can use. Be humble and have a thick skin. Or as been suggested, pop smoke because we probably ain’t gonna change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    For someone who works 6-7 days a week for 12-14 hours, you sure are posting quite a bit here on this fuddy-duddy forum instead of actually shooting.

IBTL
    I dont really work..I just sit around and watch my employees and make sure they're not stealing and helping customers..or I'm online making orders...today I have time ;-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    First of all if you post up on any forum (just about any forum I suppose) you should be ready for positive comments and negative comments. M4carbine.net IS NOT the same kind of forum TOS is. I’m going to generalize now because it’s easier.

Generally speaking our mindset is different. Folks tend to be more fighting gun focused than Instagram gun focused. What that means is that skeletonized or weirdly milled uppers or lowers aren’t going to get a whole lotta love as ol’Led Z used to sing. Here’s a good example. I cannot remember the actual brand. but it was a solid $2500-$2800 AR-15 in .223 Wylde. All kinds of fancy. Fancy CNC cuts, weight reductions, shiny colors, the whole 9 yards. Dude got the rifle as a debt payment or something to that effect. It wasn’t any out of pocket at the moment expense. Dude posts pics up and asked “what should I do.” Now I was fairly new here but man I was like daaaaaaaaang, these M4C peeps HATE them some pretty AR’s! I know because I was one of the guys who said “sell that panty-waist POS and build you a real AR. What I mean by “real AR” is an AR constructed of quality parts. Now some here will tell you that only Colt makes “ye holy parts of thine AR” but I’m not in that camp. There are other quality manufacturers out there, but my build SOP says function over form. EVERY SINGLE TIME. The guy who taught me most about that world was the same way and so I am that way. Most people on this forum are that way. But not everyone. You had guys chime in with some positive comments and positive advice.

At the same time you justify every criticism you get. (Pretty much) no one has heard of Nordic or whatever it was barrel. Maybe instead of a visual inspection you can say “You know what? I don’t know shit about it either, but I’ll run the hell out of it and post up some range reports. Maybe they are a legit barrel manufacturer.”

But truth be told, as many times as I’ve read “I have no budget, money isn’t an option because I have 3 businesses.” If I were you, I’d buy me a LaRue 12” stealth barrel with a LaRue 11” MLok hand guard , slap a Nightforce NX8 on it and have one badass pistol, is the submit my Form 1 to SBR It.

I would buy an LMT Enhanced BCG and call it a day.

Oh and I’d definitely run a mom-adjustable GB. But that’s just me I have issues with adjustable gas blocks.

So yeah you have been kinda all over the map. You say one thing but then your actions kinda head down a different path.

You just gotta have some thick skin if you’re going to post pics and ask for advice. Don’t get your feelings hurt when someone says you have a dumpster AR. He’s entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. Yeah it was an asshole response but it did kinda make me laugh and I like the guy so he gets a pass.

Honestly you can tighten your shit up a bit. Dump the lightweight BCG and buy a quality one. IMO I don’t consider anyone who makes a T-Rex vampire lower receiver “quality” that’s just pure Instagram bullshit. I don’t care what it costs. Here is a nugget of truth for you. Put this on tor laptop screen or whatever and it will guys you well:

Big money doesn’t always mean fighting gun quality!!

Doesn’t have to be an LMT FA BCGalthough that’s my preference, you can also use a Toolcraft full auto BCG. LaRue makes a great 12” barrel, I owned it. Noveske does too, and I own one of those. Don’t want to spend that money, buy a Ballistic Advantage. Buy quality parts to build a quality AR.

I’ll beat the dead horse again, and say that if you’re gonna say you can “shoot the moon” and don’t have a budget, the shoot the damn moon, stop using crap none of us would use out of your junk/parts drawer and buy known quality parts. Save that whatever Nordic Cross barrel or WTF ever it’s called for a budget build because until it’s proven, IMO it’s budget.

Read all the responses and take what you can use. Be humble and have a thick skin. Or as been suggested, pop smoke because we probably ain’t gonna change.

I understand but boy do yall take certain remarks I made and love running with them like "I don't have a budget" or "I work 6-7 days".

If you read my original post,this build is mainly just a pinker..I dont plan to run 10,000,000,000 rounds thru this gun..truthfully I might put a couple of 1000s rounds thru it and then throw it in the safe where the rest of my guns are..

Feedback Score
    This is my main use Ar15

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    This is my main use Ar15

You don’t like lights or optics?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You don’t like lights or optics?

Hey, nothing wrong with KISS

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Hey, nothing wrong with KISS
    Except that it’s dark 50% of the time...

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Except that it’s dark 50% of the time...
    On the Equator...

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    moe2401 -

Quoting this for truth with some editorial commenting:

You just gotta have some thick skin if you’re going to post pics and ask for advice.

Folks have their biases on this forum just as in real life. Sometimes the bias is based on actual experience, other times based on something else. On this site there is generally a bias toward forged, mil-spec, uppers and lowers, and against billet lowers with artful sculpting.

You begin to understand that after a while. And, generally, while I've found, through experience, that many of the biases are justified, some are not. And, trust me, railing against those biases is tilting at windmills.

Don’t get your feelings hurt when someone says you have a dumpster AR. He’s entitled to his opinion just like anyone else.

True, it's the internet, admission is free.

Yeah it was an asshole response but it did kinda make me laugh and I like the guy so he gets a pass.

And, this, is definitely quoted for truth, just like in real life.

You soon see who fits this profile:

You logged onto the forum
    Like you were logging into your flock
    Your remarks seem to put you in the best possible light
    And your rifle, it is always just right
    You posted your stuff on you tube
    To watch yourself excel
    And all the nut huggers dreamed that they'd be your partner
    They'd be your partner, and
    You're so vain
    You probably think this forum is about you
    You're so vain,
    I'll bet you think this forum is about you
    Don't you?
    Don't you?
    You had some dreams, they were pearls on your necklace
    Pearls on your necklace, and
    You're so vain
    You probably think this forum is about you
    You're so vain, you're so vain
    I'll bet you think this forum is about you
    Don't you?

(Sorry Carly)
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    This is my main use Ar15

Yep in some ways we are old codgery bastards who are set in our ways. But one thing I can promise you is that as a whole this forum will NEVER guide you down a path that will result in a shitty AR that you cannot depend on to protect your family and whomever else. That you can take to the bank. There’s a reason why our membership is lower than TOS, and I’m GLAD it’s lower. I believe we have a solid core of guys who will go out of their way to help you - be it with guidance or even parts.

That’s just who we are. But yeah we can be like a dog on bone. Deal with it! LOL

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast