Is apparently under funded for increases in claims etc. Of all the people to step up on this, Jon Stewart is not who I would have expected. He's a strange dude, some times he says/does things I agree with, the rest of the time I think he's completely off base and a leftist dingbat. In this matter, respect where it's due:

Comedian Jon Stewart slammed members of the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday in a hearing on funding for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, saying it was "shameful" that more of them did not attend.

"As I sit here today, I can't help but think what an incredible metaphor this room is for the entire process that getting health care and benefits for 9/11 first responders has come to," Stewart said in his statement. "Behind me, a filled room of 9/11 first responders; and in front of me, a nearly empty Congress."

The hearing came just hours before the full House was set to vote on a civil contempt resolution against Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn.

Stewart spoke alongside Luis Alvarez, a retired detective and 9/11 responder from the New York Police Department who suffers from Sept. 11-linked cancer.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/11/73170...-compensation?