Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shingles Vaccine

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Yes but the age break for the Colonoscopy (Butt-O-Scope) used to be 50 and before that 55.
    Well, of course. They lower it as the incidence of colon cancer increases in increasingly younger people. They'll do the same if that happens with shingles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Many folks I know have had an intense rxn to the new vaccine to the point of missing time from work. Be forewarned and time things accordingly.

geezer john
    I had chicken pox bad as a kid. I got the first vaccine 5 years ago after my brother came down with the virus. Last year, my doc’s Nurse was reviewing my records and told me about the new vaccine, which I received in two doses 3 months apart.

First shot was fine. Some redness and soreness at site of shot. Second shot put me down hard with chills and skin feeling like I was covered with ants. Started day after my shot and lasted around 16 hours.

But I’ll take it again if needed...shingles are no joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it time to reconsider intentionally giving kids chicken pox? I know the idea is that it's worse later in life but shingles is no walk in the park either and since shingles is a derivative of chicken pox laying dormant in our system for decades... maybe it's better to just avoid it altogether? I'm sure the numbers support doing it but it seems like these cases of shingles are becoming more frequent and severe.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^ This.

Had first vaccine several years ago.

Had the "new improved" vaccine a month back, felt like ass; body aches, chills, headache. Hoping the second dose is smooth sailing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is a good public service thread. Among other things, it reminded me that I haven't had any kind of vaccine for shingles. I'll have to arrange that on Monday. I wonder if I'll have to wait, or if we have the stuff on hand.

Feedback Score
    My co pay alone for a colonoscopy is $500

Feedback Score
    The new vaccine has been on backorder around here for months.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can see it happening to me as I get more and more gotdamn old....

“well....we can shove this thing up your ass or you will die in six months”

To this I say....

I can find a way to pack a lot of living in six months. A motivated person can right a lot of wrongs and leave a lot of people dead or pregnant in six months.

Feedback Score
    I got the 2 shingles shots. Get them on a Friday in case you need to lay low for a day or so.

Age 50 for a person is like when the 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty runs out on an auto.

If they want to look up your ass with a flashlight and a step ladder, let them. They give you Versed, the amnesia drug.
    Last edited by Pi3; 06-18-19 at 20:28.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    If they want to look up your ass with a flashlight and a step ladder, let them. They give you Versed, the amnesia drug.
    A colonoscopy at Walmart will get you Versed and Fentanyl for your colonoscopy. Every place else...you get propofol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast