Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steyr/Wilcox upgraded G36 for Spain

Feedback Score
    HK acknowledged indirectly that the G36 was dead when they started building another rifle to compete with it directly.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    I recently read that part of the German army's upgrade program (sometime called the IdZ program) was metal 'carry handles' to replace the original plastic ones due to an issue with receivers twisting.

If G36s have wandering zeros and twisty receivers, it doesn't sound like a bad upgrade... if they're not overpaying, anyway.
    The wandering zero, IIRC, was due to the barrel heating up during magazine dumps, and overblown by certain politicians in Germany who have been gunning for H&K for decades.

Which, coincidentally, can induce a wandering zero in almost any firearm.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    The wandering zero, IIRC, was due to the barrel heating up during magazine dumps, and overblown by certain politicians in Germany who have been gunning for H&K for decades.

Which, coincidentally, can induce a wandering zero in almost any firearm.
    I believe I read on a blog somewhere that the Spanish tested their rifles as well and found that the receivers were fine and did not experience wandering zero. Makes me wonder why the aluminum receivers are being implemented.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    I believe I read on a blog somewhere that the Spanish tested their rifles as well and found that the receivers were fine and did not experience wandering zero. Makes me wonder why the aluminum receivers are being implemented.

Lithuania similarly suspended all of their G36 orders and later resumed deliveries and placed more orders after they conducted their own tests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12