Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Mod 0 - nothing to complain about!

Feedback Score

BCM Mod 0 - nothing to complain about!

Thought I would post a positive post about my Bravo Company Mod 0 rifle I bought new a few years ago. Was cleaning it this weekend after an AR competition we have at my club once a month, and realized I have over 3,000 rounds through it!

It has run perfect from day one! I have not had one FTF or FTE in over 3K rounds. Always goes bang. Only mods are a Magpul sling and an Aimpoint PRO red dot sight. It has been fed factory PMC and Federal .223 ammo. I clean it every 500-600 rounds or so. When taking it apart, the tail of the bolt isn't too carbon'd up (never took a tool to it), the gas rings look good, the barrel cleans up quickly with WipeOut, etc.

Just for fun, I did order this weekend a new extractor, extractor spring and rubber, gas rings, cam pin and cotter pin for the firing pin from BCM. None of these items are excessively worn, just a little preventative maint. on the BCG to go another 3-4K rounds.

Couldn't be happier with the BCM carbine!! Sorry, nothing to complain about
    Last edited by ilmonster; 06-12-19 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    I have two their awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nifty.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Boringly reliable is good, and a positive product post in the gun community is always welcome (at least for me).

Feedback Score
    I had put 6,000 rounds with maybe one malfunction through my BCM Model 0 before I traded it off. I only got rid of it because there was a Colt model I wanted more and didn't have the funds to keep both.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I don't want to only post when there is an issue (which is what most folks including myself usually do). This has been a great ownership experience. I keep it plenty lubricated with either Slip2000 EWL (Per Pat Rogers, RIP) or Lubriplate oil and grease. I think the good press Pat Rogers gave it years ago was the reason I went with a Bravo vs. Colt or a DD. So glad I bought a mil-spec AR vs. a hobby AR (not that there's anything wrong with those, as long as you know what you're getting).

Cheers!
    Last edited by ilmonster; 06-17-19 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    Well, came home and a small package from Bravo Company was delivered by the man in the brown truck. Took a half hour and cleaned the rifle and replaced all the BCG wear items with the new ones (and added the rubber doughnut). Cycled a few rounds through it (in the basement, with the safety on, finger off the trigger, pointed in a safe direction...) and everything worked as it should. I am ready to go again!
    Last edited by ilmonster; 06-18-19 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The upper on my HD carbine is a BCM and it’s been boringly reliable for the past year I’ve had it. I couldn’t be happier with mine and I’m glad you’re happy with yours.

Feedback Score
    Be sure to check the free length of your action spring or just replace it outright.

Quote Originally Posted by ilmonster View Post
    Well, came home and a small package from Bravo Company was delivered by the man in the brown truck. Took a half hour and cleaned the rifle and replaced all the BCG wear items with the new ones. I am ready to go again!

Feedback Score
    Darn it, totally forgot about the action spring! May have to order up one of those too as those certainly are maintenance items (and they're only around $5). Thanks for the reminder.
    Last edited by ilmonster; 06-13-19 at 08:55.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast