Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Mod 0 - nothing to complain about!

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    There are multiple sponsors here on M4C, not just BCM.
    and how many of them are active sponsors? do all sponsors contribute the same amount of money to advertise on here?

bcm seems to have the biggest banners / advertisements on this site, especially the one at the top of the page

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got a couple BCM uppers, and one complete BCM rifle (that doesn't get used much). None of them have ever had a malfunction of any kind.

I've got a couple higher end Colts, as well as a basic 6920. None of them have ever had a malfunction of any kind.

I've got a PSA Premium with CHF barrel. It's never had a malfunction of any kind (though it's got a lower round count then the above).

I guess I should sell them all and get a couple KACs.

To the OP.....I'm glad your BCM is running well, and I expect nothing less. To those that believe BCM is hobby grade trash......I'd be interested in reading a well documented tear-down showing the deficiencies (from a fully vetted, independent, industry professional. Until that is provided, it's just yet another opinion.

Feedback Score
    Paul, thanks for chiming in. I couldn't be happier with the Mod 0 rifle as I said originally (with exactly 3,400 rounds through it, I checked). I live in your neck of the woods and shoot with a few of your employees at Daniel Boone in the AR competitions (rain or shine). Seeing two of your guys shooting the 2 man team rounds is impressive. Seeing guys emptying the better part of a 60 round Surefire mag in ~ 45 sec is impressive (and getting rounds on target). The rifles are literally smoking for a good minute after the round ends and are crazy hot (and these are with what look to be your lightweight barrels). Never seen one of your rifles have a failure in these conditions, including mine. In general, the guns that folks have issues with (and some do every time) are the Frankenguns they built. BCM's, Colt's, etc. run fine.

Thanks for the comments!
    Last edited by ilmonster; 06-16-19 at 08:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I forgot about a minor issue my BCM lower had https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ion&highlight=

I don’t think this had anything to do with it being a blem; I’m pretty sure the blem was the non-PNT trigger and they were trying to sell old lowers with the regular trigger. Anyway, BCM fixed the issue quickly and I haven’t had a problem in the ~1300 rounds since then.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    and how many of them are active sponsors? do all sponsors contribute the same amount of money to advertise on here?

bcm seems to have the biggest banners / advertisements on this site, especially the one at the top of the page
    I don't really think that is any of our business.

Whoever owns the site, I assume it is G&R, has to pay out the money for the servers to run this site. From my involvement moderating on another site, that can get pricey.

I enjoy the site, have never done business with G&R, so I choose to be a site sponsor.

I'm pretty sure they are not adverse to the site paying for itself.

JMO

ETA: I think sometimes folks that do this AR ownership/business/hobby thing the way I do are misunderstood. I evaluate quality needed versus price on most purchases. I've always bought C-158 BCG's, I generally go with Toolcraft because I don't feel I need the added comfort/quality of the bolt being test-fired, and each bolt being HPT'ed at a higher price. Others do want that assurance, more power to them. I'll be all over BCM BCG's (blem or otherwise) like white on rice, or stink on pooh, when they price them below $100.00.

I do the same thin with barrels, generally GMB, over other brands, but if the price is right I'm all over BA, Sionics, etc.

LPK's are kind of a sore spot with me, it seems that prices are kind of all over the place. A couple years ago I bought 6 or 8 Stag LPK's on sale, I think at Christmas time. Before that I had used PSA with their premium trigger. Before that I had used Brownell's. Currently, I pretty piece the LPK's together out of my parts boxes, there are so many OEM parts I don't use - bolt catch, safety, mag release, trigger, that I just make sure I have plenty of pins, springs, and detents. Once again price me a BCM, Sionics, etc. LPK with their good trigger at 60.00 and I'll be all over them, and be glad to put the safeties and mag releases in the parts boxes.

Quality needed versus price, best price at the quality I perceive is adequate, is where I'm sailing.

I do have a couple of PSA lowers sitting on build right now - they are hopefully going to be someone else's soon. That isn't because I think they are junk - I just don't care for the logo.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-15-19 at 22:24.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That's almost funny and shows your lack of knowledge. I literally just had a factory PSA upper in my class about 10 days ago with a CHF barrel. Most of the upper was installed wrong, to include the gas block. The BCG was mediocre as well.
    Specifically, what was installed incorrectly?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That's almost funny and shows your lack of knowledge. I literally just had a factory PSA upper in my class about 10 days ago with a CHF barrel. Most of the upper was installed wrong, to include the gas block. The BCG was mediocre as well.
    Did you happen to notice if the muzzle had a false shoulder preventing installation of 1/2” suppressor shims?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have 3 BCM lowers mated with different uppers....never bought a complete rifle... 2 are the standard midlengths with FSB...the other is a BFH..

No issues with any of them.. One lower is a blem from G&R.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Maybe we should take some time off and get out to relax a wee bit. Son is in town, enjoying the time off, it's short boys--

Had to put this one back in, shrimp thief!

I can’t believe you didn’t take that whopper to your local taxidermist...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Barrel and gas block weren't dimpled.

No Loctite on the set screws as I recall.

The gas block had a slight cant which was striking the key.

The Chinesium inspired rail felt cheap (the owner was going to check the barrel nut/upper for anti-seize).

Extractor did not have the black insert.

Overall it's the same quality I have been seeing for a few years and never gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Specifically, what was installed incorrectly?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast