Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Mod 0 - nothing to complain about!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Okay I read the thread you reference and re-read your post #40 and a few posts beyond. Apparently there is a discussion either here or TOS or somewhere else going into detail about your claims. Can you link to that? I bought my BCM's in 2010 when the serial numbers were still under 500 so I'm not defending their current output. I just want to read the original source material that you're getting your claims from. Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: I did some Googling and found a lengthy post. I'd still like to know your personal experiences, or your source, though.

https://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ar-1...overrated.html

My take: I have no idea if a single syllable of this is true. Like I said my only issue with a BCM rifle has been minimal accuracy differences between two BCM's and two Colts shot side-by-side.
    I am not on TOS. Not claims at all. I posted some very detailed side by side comparisons on LF several years ago. The entire review was deleted by one of the paid BCM trollers because it was not favorable at all. If that guy in the article was able to get a solid 2-4 MOA he was lucky.

Notice that if you talk crap about PSA or Colt it is just another conversation? Do that about BCM and the fanboys come out of the woodwork.

I take most of it to PM if people are interested. In the open forum you get all of the true believers acting like muslims when you explain that islam in nit a religion of peace.

Here is a test. The true quality makers make a great product. You may not like them or care for them in any way but the product is ligit. If a company sells Blems be suspicious about the rest of their products. That means they are so bad that they know people will catch them.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a BCM.
    Now all I have are Colts, KAC, LMT, and an HK.
    I don’t have them because of the name.

I don’t really discuss BCM for a reason these days but will go on and on about my Colt and my LMT.

But you can buy whatever you want

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got some questions...were guys like Pat Rogers and still living guys like Pat Mac just shills or they just didn't/don't know much about the guns they fronted for? Is the owner of this site just ignorant? Straight up...is BCM a rebranded PSA for all practical purposes?
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-14-19 at 02:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ~3800 rounds through my 16” BFH ELW with no issues*. Accuracy is not as good as my dad’s DDM4V5LW, but it’s not 2-4 moa by any means, and DD makes very accurate barrels. I haven’t replaced any moving parts except for a putting in a Geissele SSA at ~300-500 rounds and swapping the action spring at about 3k when I switched to an A5 (BCM extension, Sprinco green, Vltor A5-2).

The grip screw and castle nut were not overtightened FWIW. I have no reason to screw with the comp or barrel nut yet.

I won’t defend BCM when it comes to the well documented PMAG issue, nor will I defend the clowns giving them a pass on bad lowers and worse customer service that they wouldn’t give to PSA/Spikes/Aero, but MY lower works perfectly with gen 2, gen 3, and even D60 PMAGs with no modification to the lower or the mags. And it was a “blem” go figure.

*I’ve had 2 failures to fire with some bad handloads of mine that also failed in a couple DD uppers. A case gauge determined they were out of spec.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 06-14-19 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I got some questions...were guys like Pat Rogers and still living guys like Pat Mac just shills or they just didn't/don't know much about the guns they fronted for? Is the owner of this site just ignorant? Straight up...is BCM a rebranded PSA for all practical purposes?
    Pat Rogers was banned from here. That says a lot and one of main reasons i am here.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    As the thread progressed, I was thinking exactly this last night, same names and quite a few more. I have nothing against people or products being endorsed, but I did have a sense that BCM products were being qualified by well-vetted shooters and former operators who's names mean something to a Joe Smoe, like me.

Aside from some difficult disassembly issues, I've never had any serious problems with BCM products. I've always considered their price tags to be indicative of their high QC (and CS) practices, but maybe that is just an illusion. The link above to perfectunion made me chuckle because I've actually experienced those things as well and I've shared those experiences on this board. Didn't always go well, but it was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

Feedback Score
    I think BCM is the Arsenal of AR's. When they were a small shop with time to source, QC, and build everything with attention to detail, they were great. Filthy 14 was an example. I think as they expanded, though, they started to commit the sins that companies often commit when they expand, and that's where they are now. I'm basing that on reading threads on the gun boards. My 2010-2011 vintage BCM's were fantastic.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-14-19 at 08:54.

Feedback Score
    Is it tinfoily to wonder if this thread will be sanitized due to the fact that this board is sponsored by BCM?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    As the thread progressed, I was thinking exactly this last night, same names and quite a few more. I have nothing against people or products being endorsed, but I did have a sense that BCM products were being qualified by well-vetted shooters and former operators who's names mean something to a Joe Smoe, like me.

Aside from some difficult disassembly issues, I've never had any serious problems with BCM products. I've always considered their price tags to be indicative of their high QC (and CS) practices, but maybe that is just an illusion. The link above to perfectunion made me chuckle because I've actually experienced those things as well and I've shared those experiences on this board. Didn't always go well, but it was the truth.
    This is where I'm at. I do own one BCM upper and it's been fine. Never had it apart and it's always worked so I haven't had any reason to use their CS. Some things said here make me wonder if I didn't get hosed. I just have no idea.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I think BCM is the Arsenal of AR's. When they were a small shop with time to source, QC, and build everything with attention to detail, they were great. Filthy 14 was an example. I think as they expanded, though, they started to commit the sins that companies often commit when they expand, and that's where they are now. I'm basing that on reading threads on the gun boards. My 2010-2011 vintage BCM's were fantastic.
    Mines about that old too.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast