Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRIGGER ENHANCEMENT PAD (T.E.P.) pros/cons

Feedback Score

TRIGGER ENHANCEMENT PAD (T.E.P.) pros/cons

Thoughts on the TEP. Pros and cons.

My take would improve finger contact
    While widening it risking accidental foreign body contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just another thing to come loose and fall off. Maybe on a precision range toy, but not on a carbine you depend on for personal defense.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Seems like another unneccesary marketing ploy to me.

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trigger shoes were popular with some revolver shooters back in the day. They approximated the wide target triggers that were available from S&W in some of their models (unsure of others such as Colt and Ruger).

The problem in use is that they would sometimes loosen and slide down, rendering the trigger inoperable. Bad juju on a police duty revolver and most agencies didn't allow them.

I wouldn't have one on my rifle.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    My buddy had one on a heavy barreled Win. M70. I always thought it was kind of weird. To each their own I guess.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would avoid things like that like a plague. IMHO, this is pure marketing and nothing else.

I posted this before, and I'm going to post it again:

There is a myriad of various good triggers on the market right now with different profiles. If you want something wider than a regular trigger I heard that LaRue MBT (at $80) has a slightly wider profile than Mil-Spec. LaRue, Geissele and other brands offer flat, slightly curved (Geissele Super TRICON), and classic curved triggers. I'm 100% positive that anyone can find something they like.

Besides, AR is although fully capable, but not a super precision platform nonetheless. Leave adjustable triggers and fancy trigger mods for the competition bolt guns and professionals who know what they are doing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, there you go! Whizbang
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A dated, but accurate discussion of trigger shoes on revolvers; https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-shoe-bad.html

A fairly hot topic decades ago.

Feedback Score
    Looks like unnecessary bling for an AR. With good triggers being like 5# pull weight, how much finger contact do you need?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Just another thing to come loose and fall off. Maybe on a precision range toy, but not on a carbine you depend on for personal defense.
    I second this motion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast