Thread: Arisaka Inline Vs Haley Thorntail 2 Inline SF Scout M-lok Mount - Differences?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Arisaka Inline Vs Haley Thorntail 2 Inline SF Scout M-lok Mount - Differences?

Looking at M-lok mounts for Surefire Scout M600.
    Kinda tied between the Arisaka Inline and IWC/Haley Thorntail inline;

So...what, if any, are the differences between them? Because honestly...they seem pretty similar.

Couple different mounting hole positions on the Haley, and I suspect the fully closed holes might be a little stronger of a design then the open-sided multi-position slot-holes on the Arisaka, but otherwise.....?
    What am I missing here?
    Last edited by Jellybean; 06-13-19 at 00:06.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Six of one, half dozen of the other. I have both, and obviously the Thorntail 2 has a couple more mounting locations but other than that they're pretty much the same. The Thorntail is probably my favorite of the two, but the last one I bought was an Arisaka because it was on sale. I wouldn't worry about the integrity of the Thorntail either, once it's mounted it tucks in nice and tight and your light's not going anywhere. IWC give free shipping too. Pick whichever one you like the look of best and you won't be wrong.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thanks mate.
    That's pretty much what I figured, but sometimes the pictures and rather vague reviews don't tell the whole story, you know?

The only other difference I found was Arisaka specifically states not to cantilever their mount off the front of the rail, apparently the IWC/Haley mount it's ok to do that slightly. Just in case anyone else drops by who is wondering.
    Not that it matters, since either will eventually be going on a 13+ inch rail, so I doubt I'll need that feature. Coinflip time.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    One thing to consider is that the Arisaka is machined from 7075, while the IWC is 6061. That being said, as you noted, the holes being totally distinct gives a nod to IWC, IMO, for keeping the light in place, I've been able to have some shifting on the Arisaka.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Check out Valhalla Mount or the larue also. The arisaka is good to go though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk