Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Received this email from Wayne LaPierre

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just Received this email from Wayne LaPierre

Dear NRA Instructor,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing “live TV” programming. Whether and when we return to “live” programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org – your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA’s singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA’s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

– Wayne

This caused me to look further into the subject and I found this info:

Moving to clean house amid an organizational crisis, the National Rifle Association cut ties with its second-in-command, Christopher W. Cox; severed its relationship with Ackerman McQueen, its estranged advertising firm; and shut down live production at its online media arm, NRATV.

The steps took place within a brief span on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

The resignation of Mr. Cox, the gun group’s top lobbyist and the architect of its legislative strategy, was communicated to the N.R.A.’s board and employees on Wednesday. The news comes days after a court filing by the N.R.A. implicated him in a failed plot to oust Wayne LaPierre, the organization’s chief executive, an allegation Mr. Cox has disputed. Last week, The New York Times reported that the N.R.A. had suspended Mr. Cox.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/u...n-mcqueen.html

With the exit of Chris Cox and the longtime producer of NRATV, the gun lobby is entering the election season without the lobbying or publicity power that catapulted Trump in 2016

As the National Rifle Association’s chief lobbyist, Chris Cox pumped more money into the unlikely election of Donald Trump than anyone else. Now, Cox won’t be around to oversee its effort to re-elect him.
    snippet of article because I'm not going to pay to read Bloomberg - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ampaign-season

This Huffington Post article was funny in its vitriol:

NRATV Dead At 2

An outpouring of “thoughts and prayers” flooded Twitter at news of the untimely death.

By Sebastian Murdock

NRATV, the propaganda network of the National Rifle Association, died Tuesday after drowning in legal fees. It was 2.

Born in October 2016 to the increasingly radical gun-rights group, NRATV was known for promulgating faux-outrage and conspiracy theories. Some of those baseless conspiracies included saying the government wants to confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens and that pipe bombs mailed last year to prominent political opponents of President Donald Trump were actually “false flags” created by leftists.

NRATV also ran ads on Infowars, an outlet where host Alex Jones repeatedly called the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting fake. So cozy were the two organizations that NRA official Mark Richardson contacted longtime Infowars contributor Wolfgang Halbig to call into question last year’s shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead.

The television arm of the gun group died following a messy divorce between the NRA and advertising firm Ackerman McQueen. McQueen, which birthed the monstrosity, announced last month it was severing ties with the NRA following a series of lawsuits guaranteed to hurt both parties.

The network’s coverage was perhaps best exemplified by a 2018 segment in which host Dana Loesch attacked children’s character Thomas the Tank Engine for daring to be more inclusive and highlighting diversity.

“Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white?” Loesch ranted over Nia, a new tank engine from Kenya that the show introduced. “Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity? I mean they had to paint what I guess they thought was some sort of African pattern on the side of Nia’s engine.”

To further illustrate the point, Loesch brought up a graphic of Thomas and friends wearing KKK hoods.

An outpouring of “thoughts and prayers” flooded Twitter Tuesday night and Wednesday as news of the network’s demise surfaced.

NRATV is survived by a host of lax gun laws that have enabled dangerous criminals to commit mass shootings with assault weapons.

Wow, over the top, although I do wonder why the eff Dana Loesch felt a need to take on Thomas the Tank Engine. Guns people, guns.

Does this development cause any of you to revise your election hopes for President Trump?

Is this the ending of a war within the NRA, or just the beginning?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve not received this one yet, but assuming I do, it will be the first time I’ve received any communication from the NRA that wasn’t trying to scare me into giving them more money. The plot thickens...
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    The NRA has become like the government- corrupt, ineffectual, ponzi scheme. The 2A message doesn't need tweaking. There are no compromises.
    But the mission of the nra is to get money. Thats it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    NRA is afraid of too many redpills getting dropped....

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Oh good. This is the step toward recovery. Next Wayne needs to retire. Cox will emerge in a different way.

Trump doesn’t need the NRA and has betrayed many in the gun community anyway. More groups have emerged since 2016 and new strategies have evolved.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I got one.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Same here and a notice that my Lifetime membership is expiring-really? Dang, of course asking for money.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Same here and a notice that my Lifetime membership is expiring-really? Dang, of course asking for money.
    I will surely let mine expire if I get that letter. They could save a few coins if they would stop sending out 3 letters a month to members asking them to join the NRA. Not good stewards of the donations they receive.

Feedback Score
    The single, by far, most powerful pro gun lobby taken down not by the left,
    But by the greed and egos of its leadership.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    ^Exactly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast