Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H & K financial troubles continue

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    There are more beer breweries in US than there are Germany, and who need prostitutes with Tinder?
    You’re not wrong. Try Bumble, also.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    Let's hope not. Maybe it is time for the German government to step in.
    You mean the same government that fined H&K 4 million dollars and prosecuted an executive or two for selling firearms to the Mexican Gov't? Yeah, H&K can expect a lot of help from the German Gov't.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Id like to buy the one true boat anchor , Mk23 pistol for $1,200 in a fire sale. Somebody will buy them, no way they will just disappear, maybe some products may disappear but not HK as a whole.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    They can't sell you one, not because they don't want to. Under German gov't law, they cannot sell civilians weapon models designated as military weapons. So again, it is unfounded. That is why they have slightly 'different' versions of their military contract models.
    That is it though, slightly different versions. I understand their military uses the P8 pistol, which you and I know as the USP.

I know/think in Germany that the AR type rifles have different push pin configurations so as to not be compatible with normal mil-spec stuff.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This is a sad thing for the industry. H&K originated so much of what is standard in the industry today. Mainstream use of polymer frames in a combat handgun? PCAP/Keymod (leading to Mlock). Frame rails for weapons lights ? Pioneering used of stampings? All those things. Sure they have made a lot of odd stuff (roller locking pistols, squeeze cocking pistols, careless rifles)The industry needs innovators like this to push the industry forward.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I really hope they don't go belly up. HK has become my favorite firearms manufacturer. Dumb question, if Germany doesn't bail them out who will make weapons for their military?
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I really hope they don't go belly up. HK has become my favorite firearms manufacturer. Dumb question, if Germany doesn't bail them out who will make weapons for their military?
    I'd imagine they'll get bought out by some other company. Just hopefully not Cerberus.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sounds like the best option is to let it die and scoop up the assets for pennies on the dollar. Hell of an opportunity for a well-organized rebuild. Better yet, move the legacy machines stateside and open the catalog to all legal customers. Semi-auto XM-8's and 433's for the masses.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    In the ongoing saga of HK's financial turmoil, this recent article indicates that HK may be approaching the point of no return.

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du..._source=clavis
    Of all the arms manufacturers I would have thought HK highly profitable. Just goes to show impressions vs real t.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    It is unlikely a US or non-german PE firm will purchase HK. The German gov is already involved and subsidizing an absurd retirement benefits program, the subsidization which would go away creating a huge liability for a buyer. Additionally Euro Co's, by law, have 1/2 the board by labor, which generally not being experienced or savvy management try to extract short term gains for employees, torpedoing plans effectively utilizing resources necessary for strategic planning. To top it off, German laws and company poiicy require a yearly certification by customers HK wares (weapons) aren't being used in a belligerent manner. Imagine any governmental customer on the globe being ok with this...

There is a longer belt-fed list of screwball management decisions that got them where they are now. However, significant liabilities and regulatory hurdles will preclude reasonable investors from glancing toward Oberndorf. Buy your overpriced, over engineered, dive-weights now.
    How does that even work?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast