Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon AccuPower1-8 vs 1-4

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Is the Accupoint truly daylight bright?
    I owned a 1-4x Accupoint (and an Accupower, later on). The Accupoint is absolutely daylight bright since it is fiberoptic illuminated (and tritium at night). You can have some issues when shooting from a darker area and it isn't as controllable as a power illumination source, but it works ok - however I hate the Accupoint reticle.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 08-21-19 at 13:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Accupoint is the fiber + tritium correct?

Dumb question since there's 1-6 accupoint in EE right now with a nice price....what happens in 12-15 yrs when the tritium loses it's mojo? You looking at a hefty fee to get it lamped or stuck with a daylight only fairly low power scope?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Closing the loop..... I ended up with 1-6x AccuPoint with the green MOA reticule. Got for a very nice price on EE here so that sort of helped make decision for me. I usually use a higher magnification, but at just 6x and the 2 MOA dot, still not a big deal to hit an 8" steel target @ 300 yds.

In all, I prefer the red segmented circle and powered reticule of the AccuPower I initially shot that set me on this path. But not so much that it would have been a good call to pass the deal I got on this in favor of the AccuPower. And after my initial several hundred rounds with an LPVO now, I am very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    Depends really on what range you're trying to reach out and touch

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I use my Accupower 1-8 on my 308 SCAR. The extra magnification comes in very handy.
    Any issue over time w/ the accupower on your scar 17 due to the recoil and harmonics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    So many good LPVO scopes in all price ranges, decide your budget and get one. Burris makes a nice 1-8, step up to Nightforce and down to Vortex.....and on and on and on

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The weight and size of the scope come into my evaluation. For instance, my 14.5" carbine with BCM's ELW barrel pairs well with the 1-4 Accupower. Heavier, bigger, scopes seem to inhibit the functionality of having a small, lightweight, carbine. Yes, the increased magnification of a 1-8 Accupower (or any other quality option) would occasionally be nice; but, not on this rifle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I used my 1-4x Accupower in a carbine course with my BCM 16" ELW rifle. Loved everything about it but the illumination / thin reticle (but it's still completely usable).

Now in lower light, morning / afternoon when it's not as bright and the illum worked, it was awesome.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Dupe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I used my 1-4x Accupower in a carbine course with my BCM 16" ELW rifle. Loved everything about it but the illumination / thin reticle (but it's still completely usable).

Now in lower light, morning / afternoon when it's not as bright and the illum worked, it was awesome.
    My Vcog is the same way. If i’m In the woods with the. It’s very bright but noon on a cloudless day it’s not bright but the bold reticle makes it useable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12