G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon AccuPower1-8 vs 1-4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Is the Accupoint truly daylight bright?
    I owned a 1-4x Accupoint (and an Accupower, later on). The Accupoint is absolutely daylight bright since it is fiberoptic illuminated (and tritium at night). You can have some issues when shooting from a darker area and it isn't as controllable as a power illumination source, but it works ok - however I hate the Accupoint reticle.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 08-21-19 at 13:22.
    - Rhino

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Accupoint is the fiber + tritium correct?

Dumb question since there's 1-6 accupoint in EE right now with a nice price....what happens in 12-15 yrs when the tritium loses it's mojo? You looking at a hefty fee to get it lamped or stuck with a daylight only fairly low power scope?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Closing the loop..... I ended up with 1-6x AccuPoint with the green MOA reticule. Got for a very nice price on EE here so that sort of helped make decision for me. I usually use a higher magnification, but at just 6x and the 2 MOA dot, still not a big deal to hit an 8" steel target @ 300 yds.

In all, I prefer the red segmented circle and powered reticule of the AccuPower I initially shot that set me on this path. But not so much that it would have been a good call to pass the deal I got on this in favor of the AccuPower. And after my initial several hundred rounds with an LPVO now, I am very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    Depends really on what range you're trying to reach out and touch

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I use my Accupower 1-8 on my 308 SCAR. The extra magnification comes in very handy.
    Any issue over time w/ the accupower on your scar 17 due to the recoil and harmonics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So many good LPVO scopes in all price ranges, decide your budget and get one. Burris makes a nice 1-8, step up to Nightforce and down to Vortex.....and on and on and on

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The weight and size of the scope come into my evaluation. For instance, my 14.5" carbine with BCM's ELW barrel pairs well with the 1-4 Accupower. Heavier, bigger, scopes seem to inhibit the functionality of having a small, lightweight, carbine. Yes, the increased magnification of a 1-8 Accupower (or any other quality option) would occasionally be nice; but, not on this rifle.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I used my 1-4x Accupower in a carbine course with my BCM 16" ELW rifle. Loved everything about it but the illumination / thin reticle (but it's still completely usable).

Now in lower light, morning / afternoon when it's not as bright and the illum worked, it was awesome.
    - Rhino

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dupe.
    - Rhino

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12