G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Metallwerk Elisenhuette GmbH (MEN) 5.56 M193 - No Longer Being Imported??

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    1,748
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    It could be because all the ammo is being used by the Bundeswehr.
    LOL, WTF are they using it for, ballast?

    Best regards from Germany...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    LOL, WTF are they using it for, ballast?

    Best regards from Germany...
    https://youtu.be/R0HM8hWMpgQ

    At 1:30 he mentions we are at the mercy of the Bundeswehr with the availability of the ammo because they use it...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    1,748
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah, I just meant the Bundeswehr is pretty pathetic...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Yeah, I just meant the Bundeswehr is pretty pathetic...
    Oh, I didn’t pick up on that. Yeah hopefully things change for the better for the Bundeswehr.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    1,748
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    Yeah hopefully things change for the better for the Bundeswehr.
    Not likely. There was a lot of hand-wringing here after Russia invaded Ukraine several years ago about increasing the German defense budget, but that's all come to nought.

    Unfortunately, Trump demanding that Germany spend more on defense seems to have made the Germans even less inclined to do so.


    So, I can't fathom how the under-manned and under-equipped Bundeswehr is going through a lot of ammo...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Not likely. There was a lot of hand-wringing here after Russia invaded Ukraine several years ago about increasing the German defense budget, but that's all come to nought.

    Unfortunately, Trump demanding that Germany spend more on defense seems to have made the Germans even less inclined to do so.


    So, I can't fathom how the under-manned and under-equipped Bundeswehr is going through a lot of ammo...
    Yeah unless Germany and the rest of Europe for that matter actually face rising security threats I don’t see them not piggybacking off the US any time soon.

    As for why MEN ammo is no longer imported I have no idea then, it’s a shame because their 9mm NATO and 5.56 ammo was really good quality like most things German.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NoDak
    Posts
    249
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy American.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

    I'm in an echo chamber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •