Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: .45 AARP—Meme or Misunderstood?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You need Glocks, 1911s, 10mm, 6.5, LMT tranny rifles, and HK stuff if you want even a snowballs chance in Hell when the boogaloo happens.

and like....crates of .45 for the aftermath
    And toilet paper. Lots of toilet paper. The currency of the post-apocolyptic era.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys need to reload, according to my figures, this is what it costs me to reload:

45ACP 185gr JHP: 19.2 cents per round

9mm 147gr JHP: 16.2 cents per round

9mm 124gr FMJ = 13.02 cents per round

45ACP 230gr FMJ = 16.6 cents per round
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You need Glocks, 1911s, 10mm, 6.5, LMT tranny rifles, and HK stuff if you want even a snowballs chance in Hell when the boogaloo happens.

and like....crates of .45 for the aftermath
    If you had not mentioned LMT and HK l'd say you be trolling us!

TP and bleach are regular basement stash items.

As to ammo, I add cases of cheap steel case 9mm, 223 and 7.62x39 to trade (and shoot in a jam). This in addition to my regular stash.

I don't worry about an aftermath, but have been without power 5 days, and could see 2-3 weeks easily.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You guys need to reload, according to my figures, this is what it costs me to reload:

45ACP 185gr JHP: 19.2 cents per round

9mm 147gr JHP: 16.2 cents per round

9mm 124gr FMJ = 13.02 cents per round

45ACP 230gr FMJ = 16.6 cents per round
    I reloaded everything to the point of gas checked revolver rounds, paper patched 45-120's, all casted by me, and everything in between. The reloading became more expensive and time consuming than guns! Because of my logistical simplification I sold everything and just buy bulk .22, 5.56, and 9 mm, with a few 12 gauge and 7.62 thrown in.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    I've tried to switch to a 9mm for a CCW gun a few times over the last decade without a whole lot of success and have pretty much come to the conclusion that a full sized 1911 in 45 works best for me. I'm tall and scrawny and the single stack just conceals better for me. Over the years I have tried a G19, CZ75, M&P and FNS and they all look like I am trying to hide a box of cereal under my shirt. With a good belt and holster the 1911 just disappears on me. I also shoot it better than any of my wonder nines so that's what I carry. I reload 45 so ammo cost isn't a huge issue and I enjoy reloading as a hobby unto itself. If I didn't have a good stash of 9MM I would probably sell all my modern guns and stick to just 45 ACP and 45 Colt. I don't think the 1911 is the end all be all (or any gun for that matter) and always recommend to people to use what works for them.

Feedback Score
    Just another random thought.... as a flight medic I have seen people shot with everything over almost two decades and have come to the conclusion that shot placement and a bit of luck are the key factors with handgun calibers. The last dude I took care of that was shot was hit with a 22LR right in the heart. He was dead on scene. People can absorb a surprising number of handgun rounds to the torso and occasionally shots to the head with surprisingly little damage. Never had anyone survive a rifle of shotgun round to the chest.
    Last edited by Jermedic; 06-17-19 at 22:56. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Good Lord people stop saying “boogaloo.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I reloaded everything to the point of gas checked revolver rounds, paper patched 45-120's, all casted by me, and everything in between. The reloading became more expensive and time consuming than guns! Because of my logistical simplification I sold everything and just buy bulk .22, 5.56, and 9 mm, with a few 12 gauge and 7.62 thrown in.
    I think the reloading can become the main attraction to a certain type of guy. I'm not that guy.

I ran out to the range this afternoon to vet a new load for 115gr JHP using Win 231, shot acceptable accuracy (5 clustered @ 25 with my Glock 17 RMR and okay out of the iron sighted pistols). This evening, I've loaded 800 on my RL550. I'll shoot a couple hundred tomorrow morning, and load at least 800 more in the evening. Repeat the next day. I switched back to 115gr because I'm out of 147gr and the places I buy from are out of stock.

All I know about reloading is how to kind of set up my Dillon and crank the handle. It is a means to enable me to shot more rounds, not a hobby.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Not wanting to hear it wont make it not happen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Which meaning causes you heartburn?

Boogaloo or bugalú (also: shing-a-ling, Latin boogaloo, Latin R&B) is a genre of Latin music and dance which was popular in the United States in the 1960s

Boogaloo origin: Orgy by a group of island native midgets

Boogaloo: being serviced in every hole
    I just boogaloo'd by some sexy dudes.

A common Libertarian meme to reference the overthrowing of a government or authoritarian force by a(n) (armed) revolution.

This can also be in regard to a societal revolution whereby the citizenry of the United States become aware of the reality of certain political topics, or are “ redpilled ”, rather than using their preconceived emotions to form an opinion on those specific political topics.

Dude: Rising politicians are calling for the banning of certain firearms, and these new Red Flag laws are allowing for the police to confiscate our firearms!

Ancap: It’s Boogaloo time.

Or, Ringo Starr

Back off, Boo-ga-loo, I said
    Back off, Boo-ga-loo, come on
    Back off, Boo-ga-loo, Boo

Back off, Boo-ga-loo
    What d'yer think you're gonna do
    I got a flash right from the start

Wake up, meat head
    Don't pretend that you are dead
    Get yourself up off the cart

Get yourself together now
    And give me something tasty
    Everything you try to do
    You know it sure sound wasted

Back off, Boo-ga-loo
    You think you're a groove
    Standing there in your wallpapers shoes
    And your socks that match your eyes

Back off, Boo-ga-loo, come on
    Back off, Boo-ga-loo, Boo

I honestly didn't know it was used in the context of revolution.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast