Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: .45 AARP—Meme or Misunderstood?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I tried the 43x and I like the grip width however, it's not significantly better than my G19 (butt wise) so it's kind of moot. The deal breaker for me is the slide finish. I strongly dislike a bright silver finish on a combat weapon.
    Me too. Especially when the bright sun hits it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Honestly .45 ACP was the first duty load I was ever formally trained on and for half a decade was all I knew before I was allowed to “branch out”.

It just made sense because I had no other context. I’m not besmirching 9mm but sometimes I think people go too far the other way thinking .45 is fuddlore.

It’s my comfort caliber insofar that I just have more time behind it.

I have more thoughts but am too tired tight now to build a thesis around it
    Eh, that's where I am. The G21 was my issued duty gun for years and a G30 was my off duty gun. So my personal weapons turned into G21s and G30s since that is what I am most comfortable with. Not to mention all the mags and carry gear I have piled up over the years. It wouldn't make sense to me switch everything over to 9mm, although I do envy the cheaper ammo.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I tried the 43x and I like the grip width however, it's not significantly better than my G19 (butt wise) so it's kind of moot. The deal breaker for me is the slide finish. I strongly dislike a bright silver finish on a combat weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Here's a suggestion:

It looks like you can get the slide cerakoted for 45 to 60 bucks.

Bargaining strategies are different. If it was me, and I was getting blue label pricing, I'd STFU and send it off to get coated, well actually, I'd MolyResin the thing myself, but you get the idea.

If not blue label, dicker with the LGS, 'man I'd like to get this but that stainless slide really isn't what I'd want, are they available in black?' 'Not yet.' 'Well shot, what's the best you can go on it, then?' (the rest of the dickering is on you) 'So, you'll give it to me at $439.00, well the Glock store has them at $474 with a black slide (they do), it will cost me 60 to get it coated, how about we meet in the middle and I'll give you $409.00, send it off to be coated, and keep the money local.

$449.00 seems to be the internet pricing for the 43X. Remember you have to pay transfer fee if you get it shipped to an FFL, so add that in.

Glockstore might have the best deal for the black slide: https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-43X...=1&custcol9=93
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-15-19 at 22:27.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Here's a suggestion:

It looks like you can get the slide cerakoted for 45 to 60 bucks.

Bargaining strategies are different. If it was me, and I was getting blue label pricing, I'd STFU and send it off to get coated, well actually, I'd MolyResin the thing myself, but you get the idea.

If not blue label, dicker with the LGS, 'man I'd like to get this but that stainless slide really isn't what I'd want, are they available in black?' 'Not yet.' 'Well shot, what's the best you can go on it, then?' (the rest of the dickering is on you) 'So, you'll give it to me at $439.00, well the Glock store has them at $474 with a black slide (they do), it will cost me 60 to get it coated, how about we meet in the middle and I'll give you $469.00 to keep the money local.

$449.00 seems to be the internet pricing for the 43X. Remember you have to pay transfer fee if you get it shipped to an FFL, so add that in.

Glockstore might have the best deal for the black slide: https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-43X...=1&custcol9=93
    Thanks for the suggestion. I realize that I could cerakote the slide but since I already have a 43, if I wanted a 43x / 48, I'd just go with a slide swap. As I mentioned, I'd just rather carry a 19 if I'm going to have a grip the size of the 43x / 48.

ETA: The Sig 365 offers 10 + 1 capacity in a much smaller footprint with 12 + 1 capacity if I want a slightly larger grip length.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 06-15-19 at 20:49.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    And a hammer. Don’t forget the hammer.
    Grip safety too. And random stoppages.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    It's ok in dim sun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It's ok in dim sun?
    Yep, I get my silver slide beauties out at EENT and put them away at BMNT. I use that system because it syncs with the household stand-to times.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Yep, I get my silver slide beauties out at EENT and put them away at BMNT. I use that system because it syncs with the household stand-to times.
    #15: Dawn’s when the French and Indians attack.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was on a scene where a guy got shot in the eye socket with a 45ACP and survived. He was bent slightly forward and the projectile flowed the curvature of the socket and did not penetrate the brain. He did loose an eye out of the deal. Everyone was caught by surprise by it. We have since transitioned to G-17 with G-2.
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Grip safety too. And random stoppages.

Alright.
    You guys are going to far.

Single stack 45 steel framed with frame mounted safety but still striker fired gun, no grip safety.

I truly find it amusing with new, groundbreaking, innovative guns mimicking the size and capacity of say the Star BDM or
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast