Thread: Is there an off the shelf Wilson Combat model for Single Stack Divison?

Feedback Score

Is there an off the shelf Wilson Combat model for Single Stack Divison?

A buddy asked if they have “just buy” it version with 8 round bumpers mags and magwell that fits in the box.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Should be any of them. Single Stack is basically the same as CDP and any Wilson 1911 fits the IDPA box.

Feedback Score
    This would be my pick. I'm sure Wilson's could fit their magwell in short order.
    https://www.wilsoncombat.com/classic/

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

His goal is to just “easy button” a WC 1911 all set up optimized for single stack division and add some magazines.
    Something with no other parts, assembly, etc.
    And also make box and weight for IDPA CDP as well.

There have not been any matches less than an hour and a half from me in like five years,
    I still hit the range once or twice a week,
    But most likely with a beretta, sometimes with Glock or CZ on my pistol days.

I’m a just playing,
    Not going to matches,
    Not in the mil whose only .45s are double stacks from the 90s.

I have no relevant or up to date info
    For him.

He is a CC, HD believer who I have not been able to talk out of very cheap ass guns, optics, etc, the past few years.
    Despite a maxed out top of the line WC would be like a day or two wages for him.

His son is supposed to head off to abn rgr option soon.
    Wants to make his own way, GI Bill, etc.

I think he must of have just watched Blackhawk down or something because I am getting a ton of 45 and m14 questions, and a sudden desire to go top shelf.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    $3000+ price range for a "just buy" gun to play game with, especially since the shooter's skill level is not mentioned ... I'd like to have his money.

Like others mentioned, just about any full size 1911 Wilson (and many other makers) sell will meet the requirement (as long as it's the model with the barrel bushing).

Here are a couple with mag well that one can just click the "add to cart" and whip out the credit card:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/CQB-Eli...o/HANDGUN5082/

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/X-TAC-F...o/HANDGUN4970/

There are others without mag well.

Want top shelf "add to cart" now? how about a $3800 X Tac Elite:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/X-TAC-E...o/HANDGUN5072/

Or a not so top shelf CQB Elite:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/CQB-Eli...o/HANDGUN5082/

Those are all .45acp (will kill the targets and their grand children), there are 9mm models that will barely poke holes in the paper and make the cardboard mad.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I will send him the links.
    He literally does want to click buy and have a WC 1911 with mag well and add some mags and give SS and or CDP a try.

He liked my WC Brig Tac as being so much better than an M9 he wants a WC 1911. I actually like my LTT Elite better than the WC BT.

He’s a mid 40s guy that did college and MD,
    8 years in military doing specialty training and paying off his HPSP scholarship,
    Deployed for GWOT, has taken a CC class, and a weekend defensive pistol class.
    No high speed mil training or units, but friends with some that were and we met friend of a friend sort of way.

He’s a smart, worked hard, tax paying, gainfully employed, family man, vet, 2A supporter. If he makes five or ten times the average American salary and wants to spend a bunch of it on high end American made guns I wish my whole town was filled with guys like this. Every trip to the range someone would have the coolest thing ever to try out.

I look at it like guys his age getting a corvette, Harley, expensive guitar, young woman affair, etc.
    With his variation becoming a 1911 stud.
    Which actually starts looking a whole lot less expensive in comparison.

And if next year he decides to max out a Beretta, CZ, or Glock for production,
    And the year after that some open or limited STI,
    Then get a benelli and another noveske for 3-gun, etc. it’s cool by me.

I’m five or ten years older than him and get it.

Feedback Score
    If he's a vet, he needs to call them to order oranges passing the Vet/mil discount. And on a WC, that's a pretty good bit of change.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    " or he's"

Oranges.....seriously autocorrect???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve been shooting a CQB w rail and an added S&A magwell for the past 7-8 years in SS division. The rail will get you a bit closer to the weight limit (good thing, especially with the weight down in the frame), depending on the mags and magwell you may go a bit over (bad thing). I use EMT’s with the stock base pads and had to dremmel a bit out of the back of my VZ grips to get under weight with the S&A magwell.

Feedback Score
    The difficulty in Uspsa or idpa about gun setup is making weight with a 9mm gun. I have run a cqb 9mm and vickers 45 gun without any issues in either game.