Thread: Has anybody put a Gen 5 G19 slide on a G5 G19 MOS?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Has anybody put a Gen 5 G19 slide on a G5 G19 MOS?

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever bought a spare slide and put it on their G5 G19 MOS? I like the Notchless frame but I despise the fact that the rear sight is so far back that HDs or pretty much anything else hangs off the back. I was thinking it might be nice to have a RMR slide and a low profile regular slide with a set of HDs.

Has anyone done it? Does the front beveling line up with the slide properly like the MOS or is it all half-assed afterthought like the base G5?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not answering your question directly, but I saw somewhere recently that Ameriglo offers sight options for the G19 MOS - basically shorter rears to not hang off the slide.

I'm looking for where I saw it but coming up short right this second, I'll update it when I do, but I bet if you call / email them they could tell you.

Here it is, called "Trooper" sights.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ne...-guys.1748300/
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 06-15-19 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Trijicon makes MOS HDs. The rear is almost vertical, not set back like the traditional HDs.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...GL614-C-601092
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yes Sir.
    Found a G19 MOS frame and put my G19 gen 5 slide on it. The beveling on the nose matches just fine.
    I also bought a G45 frame, picked up a G19.5 slide minus barrel, sights and recoil spring, used a Brownell's Victory First barrel and HD/XR sights.

Don't have any photos to share at this time.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.