Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help diagnosing multiple issues today

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is hard to actually diagnose, since you cleared some issues and moved on and then swapped stuff around. You need to go back to ground zero and start over. I will tell you that I have had issues with PPU 75gr. ammo in the past. It was blowing primers quite frequently. I think it was due to the primers not being staked right, and not due to pressure.

I would put everything back to zero, and then start with quality known ammo that you know 100% works without issue.
    Very odd. How recent were the lots? Ive fired maybe 7-8k rounds the stuff both green and blue box and only had 2 failures, one popped primer and one bullet setback.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A few years for sure. I dumped it after I saw issues as I wasn't in need of another kaboom.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Very odd. How recent were the lots? Ive fired maybe 7-8k rounds the stuff both green and blue box and only had 2 failures, one popped primer and one bullet setback.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Is it worth repeating a third time that the upper is brand new? Or do you believe that it really does need to be cleaned that thoroughly after receiving from the factory?

I agree on the springs though, I actually just pulled my buffer spring and compared it against a new one. It’s about half an inch short. My assumption is the same as above though - if it was a buffer/spring issue, then wouldn’t I be likely to have failures to lock back on an empty mag? And it doesn’t explain the round stuck in the chamber?
    Slow down cupcake, my post was general advice and not a diagnosis. But yeah, pulling the BCG apart and giving it a quick wipe down, visual inspection and lube isn't the worst thing you could do for a "new" upper before putting it into service. At the very least it's another variable eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Slow down cupcake, my post was general advice and not a diagnosis. But yeah, pulling the BCG apart and giving it a quick wipe down, visual inspection and lube isn't the worst thing you could do for a "new" upper before putting it into service. At the very least it's another variable eliminated.
    I did that. I don’t know if it’s showed up in any of my posts because Tapatalk kept crashing and making me re-write them, but it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    So your problems went away when you switched lowers? Or are you still getting the same problems with the lower you switched to?

Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine2k3 View Post
    So your problems went away when you switched lowers? Or are you still getting the same problems with the lower you switched to?

The locked trigger went away but that was it. It’s going in for warranty work today. I reached out to the manufacturer to get their thoughts and they didn’t hesitate to say they wanted to take a look.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Got the upper back from KAC today. They shipped it back to me on the 11th business day which is pretty damn good considering that I assume they’re working on contracts right now since uppers are OOS everywhere. Similar to my BCM last week, there was no indication of what was done to it. I know it’s the same rail because I can see where my grip and light were mounted, but that and the barrel at least got a healthy amount of oil. I didn’t look at the receiver much though, I was far too distracted by the shiny new sandcutter carrier that was inside... I was pretty surprised to have an issue from the factory, but it’s a good reminder that it’s always possible. Seeing as how I’ve had to send a few expensive things back in the last year or two, I’m very happy with how they handled it.

Ultimately I think I’m going to replace it with a 14.5, just because this is my only 16” gun and while I had reasons for trying it, that extra inch doesn’t feel worth it when paired with the Razor and M600DF.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123