Thread: Help diagnosing multiple issues today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Help diagnosing multiple issues today

I was having a few different issues with one of my ARs today while shooting groups at 50m. The first was that the trigger wouldn’t move, almost like the gun was on safe. I’ve had a popped primer get under there before and this felt very similar to what I remember of that, so between that and how dirty my lower is, I assume that’s the cause of that issue. The next though, I’m not sure of. There were two-three times where I’d pull the trigger, and it’d break, but the round didn’t fire. I took a look and couldn’t see any sign of a primer strike. The lower is filthy but the upper is not, so I wouldn’t expect that there is gunk in the firing pin channel. I also had a round get stuck in the chamber that I had to mortar to get out. That was new Hornady Black 75gr ammo so I wouldn’t expect it to be the problem. Finally, there was one-two feed issues but I don’t really remember the specifics because I have a habit of just tap racking and going, instead of diagnosing the problem.

I don’t know what ammo the other problems happened with, but all of it was some type of OTM and the cheapest was 75gr PPU.

If anyone has any insight on the non-existent primer strikes and the stuck round, I’d appreciate it. I just included the other stuff for more info, though I haven’t yet confirmed that there is an obstruction under my trigger so that one could still be a mystery as well. I’d rather not mention the manufacturers so that I can reach out to them first, if it is deemed that some of this could be issues with at least part of the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-23-19 at 17:09.
    Sic semper tyrannis.