Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Age of Trump Is Producing More Black Gun Owners"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    With one comes the other. They may believe the premise of "we armed ourselves against the white supremacist" in the beginning, but will find crime is race blind for the most part. Taking back control of their communities would be step 1 in realizing the problems aren't coming from the ultra small minority of racists.

Step 2, as Will pointed out, will be the light bulb moment when they start hearing politicians telling them "you don't need to be armed to protect yourself. Guns are bad. Etc, etc, etc." When the black community starts to figure out those politicians are trying to remove the very item they originally purchased to protect themselves from the perceived threats, they will start to see it in a different light.
    This woman lives in Cleveland...The mayor and city counsel are black, democrat, and anti gun, they keep trying to pass their own gun contols laws ,even though the state says you can't pass laws stronger that state laws, they get sued, lose, and do it all over again..Cleveland has it's fair share of crime, and most of it is black on black, I don't blame this woman for getting a gun, but, let's be honest..her biggest threat is from other blacks..White supremacists? I have my doubts..they're not shooting up the east side of Cleveland. Cleveland, like Detroit is a black city, I have family that live there.I don't know why, Cleveland's a shithole.. If one wants to put the blame for Cleveland's problems where they belong..you need to no further than city hall...
    Last edited by ralph; 06-19-19 at 08:53.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    This woman lives in Cleveland...The mayor and city counsel are black, democrat, and anti gun, they keep trying to pass their own gun contols laws ,even though the state says you can't pass laws stronger that state laws, they get sued, lose, and do it all over again..Cleveland has it's fair share of crime, and most of it is black on black, I don't blame this woman for getting a gun, but, let's be honest..her biggest threat is from other blacks..White supremacists? I have my doubts..they're not shooting up the east side of Cleveland. Cleveland, like Detroit is a black city, I have family that live there.I don't know why, Cleveland's a shithole..
    Ohio doesn't really have a problem with a municipality enacting gun control if the perps aren't being punished with fines and prison time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post

I am just a few miles from Malcolm X’s birthplace. He was a convicted felon but still posed with an M-1 carbine to send a very clear message.

Attachment 57717
    He was killed in 1965 so the felon part, at least at the federal level, was a non-issue until 1968.

Still a non-issue at the federal level if the felon(other than domestic violence convictions) is an LE.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Some of the most pro-gun people I know are otherwise-liberal black Democrats. It's an odd dynamic to be sure, but it's a step in the right direction.
    I don't think it's really that odd. Self preservation isn't really a political issue and alot of black folks (white folks too for that matter) aren't too far removed from overt racism, discrimination, and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I say GOOD! I hope every black dude buys 5 ARs so when the goddamned communist Democrats try to take their stuff they can see how I feel
    Carbine count is currently up to 4, one for each person in the house. I'll probably add a spare 6720 at some point though. Just doing my part.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    True, but im sure they will come up with enough facepalm worthy AR configurations all on their own.
    I dunno man. We're running KAC and Centurion handguards, LPVOs, micro red dots and 2 point slings up in this bitch.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 06-19-19 at 09:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Ohio doesn't really have a problem with a municipality enacting gun control if the perps aren't being punished with fines and prison time.
    The point is Clevelands city counsel tried it at least twice, on the taxpayers dime, and lost..costing millions that could've been better spent. The east side of Cleveland is heavily gang ridden,add that to the fact that the a few years ago, mayor and city counsel decided to cut the police force back, (I don't know if that's changed or not) and they wonder why they have so much crime..One misconception amoung black people is, that by electing one of their own, he/she will look out for them, problem is a black politican will screw them just as fast as a white one will, and yet they keep electing them..Clevelands problems are of their own making..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The point is Clevelands city counsel tried it at least twice, on the taxpayers dime, and lost..costing millions that could've been better spent. The east side of Cleveland is heavily gang ridden,add that to the fact that the a few years ago, mayor and city counsel decided to cut the police force back, (I don't know if that's changed or not) and they wonder why they have so much crime..One misconception amoung black people is, that by electing one of their own, he/she will look out for them, problem is a black politican will screw them just as fast as a white one will, and yet they keep electing them..Clevelands problems are of their own making..
    I get that Cleveland did it, but the state of Ohio enabled it. The state of Ohio wouldn't have the slightest qualm of concocting a firearms law targeting you or me that comes complete with prison times and fines for violations.

Their "no local laws" law sounds similar to most "no firearms confiscation during emergencies" that feature no penalties for violators.

Considering how Cleveland government operates, it is quite possible cutting back police there is a benefit. Shoddy is bad enough by itself without adding force to go with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I get that Cleveland did it, but the state of Ohio enabled it. The state of Ohio wouldn't have the slightest qualm of concocting a firearms law targeting you or me that comes complete with prison times and fines for violations.

Their "no local laws" law sounds similar to most "no firearms confiscation during emergencies" that feature no penalties for violators.

Considering how Cleveland government operates, it is quite possible cutting back police there is a benefit. Shoddy is bad enough by itself without adding force to go with it.
    I don't know where you get off with that, especially when a constitutional carry bill is working it's way through the state house, (HB 178) You might want to read Ohio Revised code, annotated section 9.68, 9.68(A) The city of Cleveland challanged it in 2007, Ohio Supreme Court upheld 9.68 in 2010, The reasoning being " If a state law is determined to be a general law,A local ordiance must not conflict with it" bottom line, Cleveland cannot make it's own gun control laws.. But democrats being democrats, only enforce laws that they like.. best thing to do is stay out of Cleveland..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-20-19 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know where you get off with that, especially when a constitutional carry bill is working it's way through the state house, (HB 178) You might want to read Ohio Revised code, annotated section 9.68, 9.68(A) The city of Cleveland challanged it in 2007, Ohio Supreme Court upheld 9.68 in 2010, The reasoning being " If a state law is determined to be a general law,A local ordiance must not conflict with it" bottom line, Cleveland cannot make it's own gun control laws.. But democrats being democrats, only enforce laws that they like.. best thing to do is stay out of Cleveland..
    What penalties, monetary fine and duration of confinement, did the state of Ohio include in it's preemption law?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What penalties, monetary fine and duration of confinement, did the state of Ohio include in it's preemption law?
    The same ones the federal gov't puts on states that make pot legal.. none..however, Cleveland spent millions fighting the state and lost, that was pently enough as they can't afford a prolonged court battle. And, as far as I know, they haven't tried anything lately.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The same ones the federal gov't puts on states that make pot legal.. none..however, Cleveland spent millions fighting the state and lost, that was pently enough as they can't afford a prolonged court battle. And, as far as I know, they haven't tried anything lately.
    I can't find anywhere in the constitution the federal government has a duty to be involved in weed or much of anything else. I am quite sure the feds have interest in screwing the end users in some capacity.

You indicated Cleveland keeps trying it earlier. Had the perpetrators in the first attempt been fined, forced to compensate their victim, and spend a good chunk of their life in a non-country club prison I am thinking that might have had a chilling effect on the keeping on doing it part.
    But it is much like other constitutional violations, prosecutorial/judicial misconduct, wrongful arrests, entrapment, and on and on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast