Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
I can't find anywhere in the constitution the federal government has a duty to be involved in weed or much of anything else. I am quite sure the feds have interest in screwing the end users in some capacity.

You indicated Cleveland keeps trying it earlier. Had the perpetrators in the first attempt been fined, forced to compensate their victim, and spend a good chunk of their life in a non-country club prison I am thinking that might have had a chilling effect on the keeping on doing it part.
But it is much like other constitutional violations, prosecutorial/judicial misconduct, wrongful arrests, entrapment, and on and on.
The only reason Cleveland stopped is because they don't have the money.. I agree with you when they lost, the Mayor and city counsel at a minium should be forced to resign.. But remember, this is a black city with a serious gang problem, to those living on the east side who aren't invloved, but catch a stray round when gang bangers are doing a drive by, gun control seems like a good idea.. As I said before, the woman in the article has little to fear from the KKK types.. Her real fears should be the gangs, they're the problem, and if I had to guess, they're probably in her neighborhood. They would'nt think twice about killing her if she became a problem to them...I mean, let's be honest here, and put the blame where it belongs..Get rid of the gangs, and you get rid of 99% of your problems..